Am new to this group

Don

Hi everyone. Am Don and I am a SCLC survivor. Had superior vena cava since Jan 03, a brain tumor, and several other things that could go wrong. But asm still here, enjoy each day and I hope that I can help someone or at least tell a joke now and then. First Joke: I had Topotecan as a 2nd line treatment. When doc ask if I had any side effects I said hmmmm everytime I pass Wal-Mart I want to stop and buy a pair of panty hose. For anyone that doesnt know Topotecan is mostly used for women with overian cancer. By the way I cant spell either and chemo must have done that to me. I forget everything especially bills again due to chemo. I blame everything on chemo even my wife's cooking. Can you all put up with someone like me.

Welcome to the place where we all blame everthing on cancer or chemo--that is when we aren't blaming the Drs!!! :)

Your two year survival is certain to be an inspiration to so many!

Thanks for joining this place that no one wants to be!

love and fortitude

elaine

Post of a picture of yourself in those panyhose, will ya?

Welcome, Don!

Of COURSE everything is the fault of chemo! When I forget to send Christmas cards this year, THAT will be the fault of chemo.... Along with weight gain, extremely sensitive skin, digestive tract issues, etc.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that chemo is the reason the my house STILL isn't finished...somehow it has to figure in there...somehow....

This party is like a "come as you are" party at a nudist colony. We all have the same issues, they just look a little different! (Bet I'll hear about THAT analogy soon, very soon...LOL)

Becky

Welcome Don.

Your presence is requested in the "Just for Laughs" forum where FRANK desperately needs your help. :lol:

My husband also has Superior Vena Cava syndrome, it is what brought on his diagnosis. I am glad you are doing well and haven't lost your sense of humor. As far as the picture if you can't figure it out you can e-mail it to Rick and he will post it (just blame it on chemo brain).

Rochelle

Mayfrog - :D:o:lol::P

Welcome Don!! So very glad you're here. Our earlier phone conversation meant a lot to me and gave me more resolve and determination, which I so needed. I'll be there at 10 AM, for my "pre-chmo teaching lesson" - whatever that means with a smile on my face. (Well, hopefully a smile on my face).

The folks here are fantastic - their kindness, empathy and support often keep people going who are ready to quit, don't feel they they have the strength to go on fighting, or people suffering unbearable grief from the loss of a loved one.

Your humor will be appreciated; I read where laughter is very, very good for cancer patients. It stimulates something in our brain (even our poor chemo stricken brains) that causes laughter to be in our favor.

Anyway, WELCOME!!!

PS. Becky, now I have to go put on either a longer top or some shorts - nudist colony............................ :P

Thank all of you for the welcome. After looking at many of the posts on other topics please dont feel like you have to be sorry am here due to cancer or ever feel bad for me. Getting sclc was a blessing for me. It has changed me from a very mean tough guy attitude to a very humble, have all of the time to talk to anyone, happy, and giving type person. It was like getting a second chance at life and I would not trade it for anything. We as cancer patients get to see life different from anyone and play the odds like a Vegas gambler. God will take care of us in the end and in the present it is up to us to make the most of everything. I have enjoyed being a member of the bald head group not once but twice for me now. I also am a phone buddy with the ALCASE program which is another great group of people. So, if I can help with Gamma Knife questions, chemo or just plain am fed up with treatment please ask. Smile cuz you know you look good and God loves you for it.

Wow, Don. Your posts sure do bring a smile to my face! Welcome to this great group of people! And like Ry, I'm thinking Frank's gonna be mighty glad to have some help over there on the men's side in the Just for Laughs forum. Check it out when you can.

Thanks for ALREADY being such an inspiration! Sure do wish my big brother had lived long enough to get to know you too . . . I just know you two would've hit it off.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! another Texan Whoooooooooeeeeeeeeee! Y'all sure are welcome here!

Looks like you been through hell to get your attitude adjusted that significantly...both sorry and congratulations seem to be in order...personally, I think you had a choice and you chose the wise path there young man!

Glad to have your spunk and witty charm. Hope to see lots more of you!

Cindi

Welcome Don. Like the others have said, you have a great sense of humor and attitude. Don't mind the spelling....we can't spell either. By all means come on over to the Just For Laughs forum. The ladies think they have a lead in the joke dept. We let them feel that way now and then so we can live :lol::lol: . Again welcome.

Welcome Don. Glad to have you with us and so glad you found this site. Your sense of humor is wonderful and I love your attitude. Like someone else said, mine slips a little now and then so I can use all the encouragement I can get. You really don't have to help the boys in the Just for Laughs section...we girls are doing very well as it is. :lol:

Nina

Don, Welcome to uor fimaly,(see I can't spell neether,or tipe very good)You will find lots of knowing and caring people here.Like others have said any time you feel like telling a joke us guys could use the help on th e just for laughs forum.(actually we do let the ladies think they are winning most of the time).