All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. here is another link about the thyroid and immunotherapy https://voice.ons.org/news-and-views/how-aprns-can-manage-immunotherapy-related-hypothyroidism-in-patients-with-cancer
  4. here is a link about our "little freing" the thyroid https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279388/
  5. Hello Sir, My uncle has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer which is further metastases into brain and from tomorrow he is going for radiotherapy for brain and spine. Dr. in our city has suggested that after 10 radiation he will further proceed for chemotherapy. I have no problem with treatment he is currently giving, but he has told only time left is 6 months to 1 year. as there are few option available like treated therapy and clinical trials. is it possible to increase the survival by some other means if there please suggest, I have attached the reports for your reference. what possibilities are there for his treatment in india. Shravan Gupta lung cancer reports_compressed.pdf
  6. BTW, I'm already on thyroid meds for hypothyroidism so I have it checked pretty regularly. I do think it's probably going to be considered to be within the normal range, but we'll see. Take care everyone, Ro
  7. Yesterday
  8. Hi Jenn, I'm sorry for your mom and all of you in the family... BUT, from what I've read, you must be a great daughter! You obviously care for her! As a mother (and lung cancer survivor) I, personally, would want you to focus on your own family and pregnancy first. There are many ways you can let your mom know you are thinking of her and caring for her... Cards, emails, phone calls will mean a lot to her I'm sure. After the baby is born you can hopefully have more time to spend with her. As a mom, I would want you to take care of you first... I wouldn't want to be abandoned by you, but I would completely understand! Wishing the best for all of you in this journey...!
  9. Last week
  10. Sad to hear this, I hope your Mom will get well soon asap. Choosing between mom and baby is the hardest thing any girl can do in her life. But you have to be strong in this case, as if you lose your emotional balance you will lose your baby too. According to me you should call Elder care people, who are ready for taking care of elderly parents at home NJ, they will be there all time with your mom to care for her.
  11. Earlier
  12. Good morning - I just posted to the new member site My name is jenn. My mom has newly diagnosed iiia lung ca. No symptoms. Otherwise healthyexcept some hypertension. She starts cisplatin / gemzar today. 1st cycle / 1st treatment with hopes of shrinking for surgery. About me: 35 y/o daughter ... currently 6 months pregnant, working full time, raising a toddler with my hubby an hour away from her 😥 I read forum about joining her for her long treatments (no one wants prego at the infusion center), my OB really doesn't want me doing 1hr each way. I'm just so torn. How can I help her and take care of myself? She has my dad and friends but I want to help but feel so limited - like I'm choosing my baby over her. If she does have surgery (praying!) ... it will he 2hours away so I'm not sure I can go with being so close to delivery. I dont want to stress her out but she us so stuck in her head right now sometines i think her (and my dad) forge rim pregnant. I understand they hhcaveca big problem on tgeit hands but u have a big worry too! Any suggestions to help copeor get to assist her/ him
  1. Load more activity