Clarification on Surgery

Guest Ada

Dear Friends,

I need to clarify some information about my recent surgery. In an earlier post, I wrote that my tumor had grown into the vena cava and that the surgeon had to open it up to remove the tumor.

When we met with the surgeon last week he was able to better explain just what happened during my surgery. Both the tumor and scar tissue from previous radiation treatments had grown up to (but not into) the vena cava. While trying to detatch these structures from the vena cava, the surgeon knicked it (the vena cava) and had to stich it back up. I wound up in Intensive Care for 5 days and the hospital for 6 more days.

Last week the surgeon said that as far as he could see (after reviewing the pathology reports), my cancer is all gone. I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. I will go back for a check up in July and I'll be on pins and needles until then. By the way, no one has suggested removing my port-so I remain a realist. I am praying for continued miracles because I feel miracles got me to where I am right now.

I am also praying for miracles for all of you.

Ada

:( Hi Ada, sorry about your hospital mishap, but I am very happy that you were able to have the surgery. It sounds very positive and yes even miraculous. I try very hard to enjoy every day as it comes, but still get nervous when the time comes for xrays and or ct scan. Continued good news to you and god bless. :D Nancy O.