New Diagnosis SCLC

patrice

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all the posts on this site since I was diagnoised with limited stage sclc in July of this year. I just want to say that everyone seems so caring and concerned and I have found so much good information from all the posts. I have been doing great no side effects from the chemo and radiation, just a little more tired and a little of what I think everyone calls chemo brain!! LOL

Here here!

Welcome Patrice. I think I've found a lot more useful information here than I have from our oncologist. After discussions with her, some of my family members have asked me "how do you know all this stuff?". :lol:

Congrats on doing so well!

Everyone here is great and a wealth of information, as well as supportive. If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask.

d.

Hello Patrice

I lurked for awhile to before I could figure out how to log in and all. Glad you posted and so glad to hear of your success! Welcome in a big way. You might want to report in the Newcomers forum. A lot of people don't get over here regularly, but all of us would give you a huge welcome over there!!! Be sure to do that, now.

Hope to see a lot more of your posts and now that you are seasoned, you can probably help all of us too.

Cindi o'h

Hello Patrice

I lurked for awhile too before I could figure out how to log in and all. Glad you posted and so glad to hear of your success! Welcome in a big way. You might want to report in at the Welcome Newcomers forum. A lot of people don't get over here regularly, but all of us would give you a huge welcome over there!!! Be sure to do that, now.

Hope to see a lot more of your posts and now that you are seasoned, you can probably help all of us too.

Cindi o'h

Hi Patrice, welcome to the family. I am looking forward to hearing how your followup CT comes out. I would love for you to meet our friend and companion NED. Keep us posted. Donna G

Welcome Patrice! This is a great group of people who will provide you with much support and encouragement. I know I've grown to depend on them!!!

I'm glad to hear that you've had very few side effects from your treatment. It's amazing the strides medicine has made to this effect.

Stay well and keep coming back!

Kel

Welcome, Patrice. As the others have said, this is a great place to be if you have to be here.

I have SCLC too, limited stage, diagnosed just about a month before you. Lilke you, I've had virtually no side effects from chemo & radiation. Last week, I felt better than I have in months. This week, I'm still feeling great, just not so elated about it! :lol:

Today, I'm back to the Oncologist, and then Monday back to the Radiation Oncologist. I'll probably have a scan or two soon to see where things stand. I'm feeling optimistic about it, since there was "dramatic" reduction in the size of the tumor after just 2 rounds of chemo, and before I had the radiation. During radiation, they told me the tumor was still disappearing, so I'm hopeful that it is GONE and will stay GONE!

This disease is a scourge. Plain & simple. It's scary, but there is a great deal of hope to come from it. Perhaps the great irony is that it quite often makes people better in many ways -- we some bad habits, pay more attention to our bodies and what's going on with them, we cling to loved ones, we gain new and unbounding appreciation for the many blessings we have, etc. Heck, you can get an entirely new take on life just by reading postings in this forum by Dean Carl - he has an extraordinary way with words that just describe the view in his own backyard that will give you chills.

Take care of yourself. We care about you.

Di

Hi Patrice!

I hope you will find the kind of great incouragement, and love the people on this board show one another. My mom too did wonderful with her chemo and radiation, and it's so nice to see you doing it too!

Keep positive cause you're doing it!!!!! Love and prayers,

Hi Patrice,

Welcome to our family. The best thing I ever did was continue to come back to this message board. The people on here are incredible. Warm. loving & full of first hand information. Come back often. Glad to hear your doing so well with your treatments.

Rachel