Moms In The Hospital

Laurie

Its time like this when it is so hard to be away from my parents. I'm in Arizona and my parents are in New Hampshire. My Dad called last night and said Mom wasn't feeling well, she went to work anyway and came home sick. Dad said she was delirious she hit his truck with her car as she pulled into the driveway. Her fever was 103.4 and she was taken to the hospital, it looks like she has Pneumonia and a bladder or kidney some kind of infection. They are giving her IV antibiotics and she will be staying there until she gets better... :cry: I'm going to call her on the phone and talk but I don't have a plane ticket to go back home until Thanksgiving ... it is killing me to be so far away during this.

Please pray for my Mom to get better soon.

Thank you and God bless you and your loved ones.

Laurie

Sending all my best wishes for your mom to get better asap, Laurie! I know it must be hard being so far away.....I was almost 3,000 miles from my mom when she was very ill. It's tough. :(

I hope by the time you hear your mom's voice, she's already sounding better from the antibiotics. I'm sure your dad will keep you posted too....and by the time you fly home at Thanksgiving, here's hoping Mom is feeling great and you have a wonderful visit home!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I undertand what it is to live away from a loved one when they are going through a difficult time and I empathize with how you're feeling.

A nice phone call with Mom might be just the thing to make you feel a little better about the situation. I know she'll be glad to hear from you!

Kelsey

Laurie---

I know how hard it is being away from your mom when you learn that she is sick; my heart goes out to you.

I hope you have been able to speak with her and that they have effectively dx and started treating whatever was making her ill.

Please do give us an update--when you can.

Until then, know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Melinda

laurie,

prayers for your mom's recovery. my mom was also hospitalized recently for pneumonia and a urinary tract infection (among other things), so i know that this is incredibly difficult for you. your family is in my prayers.

God bless,

mj

Hi Everyone,

thankyou so much once again for your support. I have talked to Mom twice today and she sounds really sick but my Dad said her temp is down to 100. Everyone is wearing masks in the room??? I said oh why is that? and she said so they don't get sick...???? And she is supposed to be there until Monday. :roll:

Fay,

Thanks so much for asking about me. I'm doing better, I have had some good days and it feels like my spine is supporting itself, I'm not so slumped over and shakey. Before I couldn't really even sit up for more than one hour but now i'm doing well. I'm not sure if it is the supplements, the medication or the exercise, but it sure seems good to get a glimpse of what life used to be like and it seems like a miricale.. if it is prayer please continue because it is really helping.

God Bless you,

Laurie

Oh I hope your mom starts feeling better very soon. I am about 8 hours away from my folks too-I hate when the phone rings at work and it's my dad, it's never good news when he calls me here. And then I spend the whole day wishing I was there! It's a tough thing. Anyway, I am praying for you, your mom, and your family.

take care

Ris

Laurie,

I hope your mom is doing better today! I know how it feels to be so far away. Even though I'm only 3 hrs. from mine, you still can't just pick up and go at a moments notice. Just call, call, call! It's hard to take off work when in the back of your mind you're thinking you need to save your time off for when it's really urgent. But, I'm sure your mom is just like mine was,"No, you don't need to come, I'm fine!" I would do the same to my kids! :D

I pray for you mother's health and that she is back home soon. No one said this would be easy, and this is one of those times.

Praying for much easier times ahead, and be safe going home this Thanksgiving!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report in and let you all know that my Mom is home from the hospital! She has to stay home from work for a couple of weeks but she sounds alot better.

Thank you all for your prayers.

God bless you and your loved ones.

Laurie