1/2 Dose of Iressa

Amy P

Have any of you or your loved ones that are taking Iressa ever been told to take 1/2 doses to combat the "bathroom" problems? Mom has now taken 2 Iressa breaks to give her tummy a rest and now doc only wants her to take 1/2 pill daily...I am just wondering if it will continue to work like it has been.

Sorry I haven't been around...things are FINALLY starting to settle down..taking a 4 day trip to Ft. Lauderdale with a girlfriend from Chicago this weekend and then start seeing a counselor next Tuesday, soccer season wraps up in the next couple of weeks...starting to see a light at the end tunnel and hopefully I will be back next week. As always you all are in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Much Love,

Amy

From Aug 2004 to Sept 2004 took total dose of Iressa and had the usual side effects. When went back last month, he cut the dosage in half. Yesterday, I went back again and he has increased the dosage to 5 pills a week. Trying to work me back up. I have not been taken off completely at any time. I do take Imodiium AD about every other day. But I stillhave trouble with tummy. When I was on the 1/2 dosage; my appetite was a whole lot better and I felt a lot better also. Don't know what the increase in dosage will do. Will wait and see. marion

Hi Amy,

There is a 800 number you can call to ask questions. I called them when I was on Iressa. I found them to be very polite and informative. Hope this helps.

Rich

Below are links to the 800 number.

http://www.lchelp.com/community/viewtop ... 9394#79394 (Iressa (AstraZeneca's) 800# For Information:)

http://www.about-nsclc.com/content/patient/nsclc (Iressa)

http://www.about-nsclc.com/content/prof/about (Iressa)

Just in case anyone is wondering - I called Astra Zeneca and they do not have any information on the 1/2 dose but they were VERY nice and were curious as to why the doc didn't give her a break for a week or so - which they have about 4x - but anyway the 1/2 dose seems to be doing the trick...her issues are much less now and her appetite is better and she said she feels better overall, which is probably in part due to the fact that she isn't spending as much time in the potty :) I guess only time and scans will tell if it is still being effective - we go back on 11/12 but probably won't have any scans until after the holidays - will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Much Love,

Amy