My thoughts on a couple of things....

kimblanchard

I want you all to know - I decided to KEEP sending updates to those three women who upset me so last night. Why? Because they will never "see the light" if I leave them in the dark. By not addressing their e-mails individually and just sending them continuing up-dates, they may realize the futility of their words. I'm not giving up, I'm not giving in, I'm not listening to any one but God. And I don't have to apologize for listening to Him.

Oh - and please guys, don't sweat the small stuff. And just about everything is small stuff!

Love and hugs,

Shannon,

You really are a strong person! I have a few "friends" who call occasionally and they are such downers that I have begun to look at my caller ID and not answer the phone. I just can not deal with it. I asked a very good friend of mine last night why can some people say all the right things and others just seem to say all the wrong things? But your right, they WON'T see the light of day unless we educate them. I don't always feel the courage to do it. I come away so depressed and wondering if I am a fool and they are right and I'm wrong. It takes me the whole day or longer to bounce back. I also think I have a tendancy to be very thin-skinned now-a-days. It doesn't seem to take much for me to be annoyed with people and family. I wonder if they are really saying horrible things to me or do I just take offense easier, or am I expecting more than I have a right to expect. I think I expect from my friends and family no more than what I would be giving if the shoe was on the other foot.

That said, I must also say that I was appalled by the emails you received and I don't blame you for being royally P**ed off! I say keep up the good work girl! Good luck in Tulsa, I wish I lived closer as I would be glad to help you out with the ride as a friend and an EMT.

Guest DaveG

Shannon:

Know exactly what you are saying. There are naysayers and there are those that truly believe that you and Mike will beat this thing. I am one of those who believe that you and Mike will beat this thing.

Just a week agao, one of my golf buddies was having a downer of a day and seemed to want to bring the rest of us down with him. Finally, after hearing negative after negative, I had enough and quit playing. No matter what anyone was to say, his attitude was not going to change. I walked away and told the other three, later, that I don't need negative BS in my life right now.

I, like you, still believe that you need to keep them informed and hopefully, they will get the idea.