My Dad Passed Away - 10/15/04

Angie

This morning at 8:35 my Dad passed away. My Mom was fortunate enough to be there during his last breath. My sister was stopping by to visit and help my Mom and arrived within a minute (or less) of his passing. I'm also so thankful she was there for my Mom. Today has just been a whirlwind, as you can imagine. We have so many wonderful friends and family stopping by with food and offering us comfort.

My Dad hasn't been himself for a good six weeks, since the cancer has spread to the brain. He didn't know us often, but I knew he felt our love. I'm so thankful that we were able to take care of him at home. He didn't have any pain because of where the cancer was at in the brain - a true blessing!

This site has been such a wonderful source of information and support these past 17 months. THANK YOU!! There is so much more I want to say but I'm exhausted, so I'm sure I'll be posting more later....probably in the "Grieving" section!!!! :cry:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie......I'm so sorry. Your dad was blessed with a loving family who cared for him at home...and I'm so glad for all your sakes that he wasn't in pain during these last weeks.

My sympathies to your mom and the rest of your family, too. I'll be thinking of you...wishing you strength for the coming days.

Angie,

Rest my Dear, you probably have not slept well the past 17 months, since your father's diagnosis. I am glad to know that he wasn't in any pain. It will seem odd at first not fighting this disease now that he has passed, I can recall not knowing what to do with my time. PLease take care of yourself. I imagine that your mom and sister will need support as well. May God see you through this difficult period.

God bless,

Cheryl