Thanks for the well wishes - they're working.

David P

I suppose I should be posting in the "Just for Laughs" forum. I'm still feeling rather silly for being such a CLUTZ :oops: and falling off the ladder last week to what could have very well have been my swan song -- larger punture from the broken rib...??? Thank you all for your well wishes and advice over the past week. I should be back to work by Wednesday. And yes, I will stay off ladders for a while.

Lessons learned from this: don't get too comfortable and familiar with things that can still pose life threatening dangers; take things a bit slower;

think before you step; and don't wear your cell phone directly on your hip, because if you fall from a ladder and land on it, you'll smash it and get a huge bruise on your hip. Thanks again.

David

David , glad to see you back! Did they have to give you a chest tube? or was is "small" enough that they just were going to watch. Back to work , wow, hope that is not too soon. Take Care . Donna G

Glad to have you BACK you wonderful clutz YOU!! My primary doctor feel out of a tree last year and was off of work for 5 months. He's still having some problems, but is on the mend. Glad your not climbing tree's!!!!!! :roll::roll:

Like I said to you in the card I sent you, Maurie offered to put Handlebars on your Ladders for you!! :P:P He said he could mount peddles too!

He's very handy!!! :wink::P There are things us ONE LUNGERS just have to learn we can't do anymore!!! :wink:

So glad your doing better Buddy!! ((((((DAVID)))))))

Love & Hugs,

Con

Thanks for the laugh Ry - it hurt - but you're right. I am a PUTZ -- at least I still feel like a fool or an idiot :lol: (ouch). No Donna, the doctor decided a chest tube would be too risky with the location of the pnemothorax being in the confined space under my clavical, and me with only one puffer to begin with, he didn't want to miss and re-puncture. Said the air would re absorb at 1% per day, and the collapsed portion of the lung would then expand again. The cell phone wasn't mine Ann - it belonged to my school. I had it because I was going on a mountain bike ride with the kids in my school bike club right after I finished work that morning. It was for emergencies :!: And Connie, I'm still laughing at the image of a ladder with handle bars and pedals :lol: (ouch). Don my friend, your advice continues to be the most difficult NOT to listen to. I've heard that my students do miss me Laurie, and that's always nice to hear. Thanks again for all the well wishes everyone, and I guess I'm kind of glad in a way I could offer some of you an amusing distraction in your daily routines. :wink: I'll keep trying. Take care.

David