Prayers for my friend

Hebbie

I would just like to take a moment to ask everyone to say a few prayers for my friend Peggy. She is a member here but doesn't post often. She was diagnosed with Stage IV (Adeno) 16 months ago, which had spread to her bones, but she is such a trooper, never complaining and always with a smile on her face. We developed a friendship on this board, and then met in person over a cup of green tea and shared nutrition and health information with each other for hours one morning. That was about a year ago, and since that time, we have met at least once a month to attend a support group together at the Wellness Community or compare updated research we have gathered over coffee or tea.

Unfortunately I didn't hear from her this month for this morning's meeting, and I just received word from her boyfriend that she is in the hospital. She had trouble speaking and she was admitted on Thursday. Test show spots on her brain, but they have not confirmed cancer at this point.

PLEASE take a moment to say a quick prayer that this newest situation is easily remidied and returns her home to continue her brave fight.

• 3 months later...

I received the saddest news today that Peggy passed away this weekend. She was one of the strongest women I have ever met and her passing is an unbelievably great loss. I am so proud to call her my friend.

Margaret (Peggy) Mary Seng O’Donnell

Lumberton, NJ Resident

After heroically battling cancer for almost two years, Peggy O’Donnell died on January 23, 2005. Peggy was born in Mt. Holly, NJ and lived several places throughout her life before returning to New Jersey a few years ago. Peggy was most recently employed in the information technology field. A music lover with eclectic taste, she was known for introducing different kinds of music to those that she loved. Peggy was quick- witted and had a delightful sense of humor, which she sustained through the toughest of times. She enthusiastically assumed the role of family historian, chronicling the lives of the Seng clan through her love of scrap booking. In short, Peggy could be understood as an admirable blend of intelligence and creativity bonded by the adhesive of love – for she was primarily a lover- a person with an incredible ability to achieve a sense of harmony among those who had the privilege to inhabit her life.

Peggy is survived by her life partner Todd Regn, her mother Theresa O. Seng, her siblings, Marianne (Taffy) Kelly, Kathy Gurland, Tom Seng, Theresa Agnetti, Robert Seng, and Jeffrey Seng, her nieces Betsy Cooper and Bailey Seng, and her nephews Matthew Smith, Denver Smith, Michael Seng, Kevin Seng, and Evan Seng.

Friends are invited to visit with the family on Saturday February 5th from 4-5PM at the Perinchief Chapels, 438 High St., Mt. Holly. An informal memorial service will be held at 5PM where friends and family are invited to share their remembrances of Peggy. Interment will be private. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be sent to the American Cancer Society, 1851 Old Cuthbert Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ 08034; or the Alliance for Lung Cancer Advocacy, Support, and Education (ALCASE), Unit 78, PO Box 4800, Portland, OR 97208. In addition, Peggy would have enjoyed knowing that you donated an audio book to your local library in her name.