Dave is in a real funk

Remembering Dave

Hey, Dave,

Wish we were neighbors. I know all of this gets old very fast, and it's tough to keep ourselves up, but try to focus on the good in life. It's there, David. We just have to search a little harder to find it sometimes.

Hang in there...There's a bunch of us hanging right along side you.

Karen I am so sorry that Dave is having such a hard time both physically and emotionally. I know only too well what it is like to watch the one you love suffer these things. Just hang in there and always let him know how much you love him. I think this stinking disease makes them doubt they have value as a person any more. I learned the hard way that sometimes the emotional side effects are much harder to deal with than the physical ones. You and Dave and Faith will be in my prayers. Hopefull soon Dave will be his old self again. Lillian

Add me to the long, long list of people who DEPEND on funky old Dave and his upbeat attitude. And he is absolutely entitled to feel the blues - who wouldn't? who doesn't - it's just that he can't feel them TOO long -- we need him to cheer us up. Funk, after all, has different connotations. You can be deep in a blue funk, the way he is, or you can be funky - and fun and different and oddball -- as he has been and, assuredly, will be again.

So let some of the rest of us cheer you up this time, Dave and know that your time will come when you're going to have to get back to your main job (besides getting well and loving Karen and Faith) and raise our spirits.

Ellen

Thanks, everyone.

Dave is doing much much better this week, despite having a chemo on Monday, but it wasn't his "bad" chemo (cisplatin) AND he got a shot of procrit, he said he didn't get one last week and he thinks that is the big difference.

Ray - Dave's had decadron before - and it did give him a bunch of artificial energy - but worse of all it made him very very manic - we both told the oncologist to never give him decadron again unless it was absolutely necessary!

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, I do think it lifted Dave's spirits a whole lot, and he hasn't been on the board because he is getting ready for a camping trip this weekend! He said he wants to go up into the Virginia mountains to do some leef peeping, so he's going up tomorrow with the trailer and the dogs and Faith and I are joining him Friday after work. Says he needs a whole day extra just to rest up from getting there, and I also think a day alone with his precious pups will be good for him.

I am very thankful that he's up for this and wants to do it - a victory in itself!

Guess we'd better be asking Ry for a hall pass . . .

Karen C.