Daddy Update....

sharyn

Hi All, It has been a while since I really took the time to post on here. Things have been hectic and although I have replied to a few posts, I am mostly just a quiet observer at this point.

Daddy just finished his brain radiation last Thursday, not WBR, just concentrated radiation to his one met. He did fairly well with the treatment, some fatigue, but nothing unmanageable. He has had to have two blood transfusions in the past two weeks due to a combination of his problems.... radiation, possible small bleeds in the brain, small bleeds in the esophogus etc. God Bless him he is taking it all in stride. He goes tomorrow for a CBC and if all looks good, he will begin his Chemo regiman again for the esophogus cancer (CPT11 and cisplatnim). He has gained back 5 pounds so I am delighted with that as is Mommy. These latest setbacks have definetely taken their toll on him, but, he refuses to give up and he insists he has "two years left in him". We are taking things day to day and just thanking God for everyday that he is still strong enough to get out of bed and have some quality of life. I had sugery myself two weeks ago, so it was tough not being able to be there for him and Mom for a week or so, but they managed well ( i guess I am not indispensible??!!)

I think of you all daily and I would appreciate if you could remember Daddy in your prayers.... Thanks All. Love, Sharon

Dear Sharon,

I'm so happy that your father's doing well. I remember when he was SO depressed and ready to give up. Good to hear that the old fight is back! That's definitely the way to go!

And you? How are you holding up? Hope that your surgery was fairly easy and nothing too terrifying -- not that there's ANY surgery that isn't terrifying. I'm thinking of you AND your dad. Take care of yourself!

Keep the good news coming!

Ellen

Dear Sharon,

I have missed your updates on your Dad, but am glad to hear he got through the radiation with minimum side effects. But most glad to hear that he is gaining weight and that his attitude is that of a warrior.

Hope whatever you needed fixed is fixed and that it went easily.

Tell your Mother I am thinking of her and please make sure she takes some time for herself.

Love,

Sharon,

I'm glad to hear that your dad is getting up and around, and that he is back in the fighting game. It sounds like he has been to hell and back lately, and I think it's just such a strong statement about him to know that he is up and at it!!

Was your surgery something you can talk about? If not, that's ok, but I'm worried about you, too.

Prayers from central Indiana all the way to heaven and back to Milford, Connecticut for your dad and for you!!!!

Love,

Peggy