Good Check up

bobmc

Hello ALL , saw my onc. on Fri. it's all Gooooood!!!!

I was really sweating this one, my CEA blood marker has been rising over the last 6 mo. and for two months I've been having alot of pain in my left back/shoulder. So ya know, in my head it's doom & gloom. :?:?

Anyway; The scans are all good, the CEA marker has come down, got a 6 month scrip for Vioxx for the pain ( bone scan shows some arthritis) and don't have to see a doc. until Sept. :lol::lol: Good to be alive TODAY!

So I just booked a trip to Hilton Head, gotta get away from the rain in the northeast and the wife's happy were going to a resort instead of the jungles of Central America again. :):)

I did get a stern talking to about making sure I take real good care of my one good lung. Gotta watch that attitude of invincibility. Still getting over the years of smoking and take chances I should'nt.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today1"

Hello to my North Jersey Buddy !!!!

Congrats on the good news. Enjoy your trip away from this grayness. I don't know about you, but this dampness is causing havoc on my lungs. It will be good for you and for all of us to do what is fun.

Bob great news I know before check-ups every ache and pain---we are sure it is cancer

go enjoy Hilton Head---sure hope there is some sunshine there---as we have not had any here for weeks----what ever happened to global warming? It is so cold here today I may put the heat on!!

regards Eileen

nsclc lobectomy 6/00 stage 1A

Bobmc-

So glad you posted...I'd been thinking about you. SUPER DUPER on all the check ups and scans. And I know exactly what you mean about various aches and pains causing undue worry :!: , because that was the impetus behind my own recent flurry of checkups.

I have to agree with your wife about choosing the Hilton Head over the jungles of Central America! Don't forget the sunscreen and drink a toast to "the good life" for me and all the rest of us here at LCSC.

Go get 'em!

Great for you Bob! And good for your wife!!

I always chuckle when I see your picture. When I first came on this board (all of about 6 weeks ago lol), you were one of the first to respond to my post. You told me that surgery would be okay and that your picture was taken 4 weeks after your surgery in the Peruvian rain forest (or somewhere equally exotic) on some rope drawbridge. I remember thinking "What the ???"...I don't do rope bridges or jungles with TWO lungs!!" LOL

Anyway, you are an inspiration!!!