Prayers for Pops Again.....

kitkathi

Hello All,

I am once again asking for prayers for my pops. He had a CT scan last week and went for his results today. It was inconclusive. They say they see something on his left lung that looks like a blood vessel. They are sending him for a PET scan on the 8th of November just in case it might be the start of a new tumor. My dad is bummed out about it. He has been NED since his last chemo/rad treatment which I think was in Dec of last year. On top of that the CT scan saw that the fluid was building up again around his heart. So he will probably have to have that drained again. Mom said that tonight he couldn't breathe very well. I tried to convince him to go to the ER. He said if he was having a heart attack then the pace maker they put in 2 weeks ago should kick in. I, of course, told him he shouldn't wait. So I wouldn't get off the phone until he promised that he would go to the hospital tonight if he doesn't feel any better. I told my mom to drag him in there kicking and screaming if she has to. I'm thinking it might be anxiety but who wants to chance that? What is sad is that he told me last year that if the cancer came back he would seek out additional treatment. I talked to him tonight and told him that if they find a small spot he really should do some more chemo/radiation because he has a good chance to beat it again. I told him that I would put grad school on hold and move out there to take him to every appointment etc. At least he was somewhat receptive to the idea of possible treatment. I know that I am jumping the gun but I feel so powerless and I hate it that he has to wait so long since I know that SCLC can double so fast. So please say a prayer for my dad and hope that it is a blood vessel. All the blood work and everything else came back fine. Thanks for letting me vent, I am so scared.

Kitkathi

Well then, Miss KK, this means that the good folks on this board need to rally around your dad and pray extra hard for him, that the tests will come back showing that his treatment has continued to work for him, and that those effusions will go away on their own.

I am so sorry that you have to be away from your Pops right now. That has to be an awful feeling for you. I know that he feels your love and support across the miles.

Blessings of every kind on you and your family.

Cindi o'h

Kitkathi,

You are way too young to be shouldering all these worries, but I'm glad you are there to support and encourage your dad. You are so wise to be a member here where you can talk and ask questions and pass the info on to your dad.

You're a good daughter, and I pray that your dad is going to be ok.

Love,

Peggy

KK,

I have your dad in my prayers and hope that they can speed up the scan a little so that this awful waiting can be over for him. You are a fine daughter and a wonderful person to be so caring about your dad. Glad that you found us and hope that you will continue to talk with us anytime you need us. Wishing you the best.

Nina