Worried

RAY A

This time it’s not about me. Its about my wife and caregiver. Last week she had her annual mammogram, and today she got a letter in the mail saying they want her to come in for another mammogram. Tomorrow she’s going to call and find out why. Please say an extra prayer for my wife. I hope its nothing. I hope they just didn’t get a clear mammogram. She said she doesn’t feel anything as far as a lump. The letter was a form type letter with four reasons that can be checked. One of the reasons was that they saw something and that was NOT checked. But……….I am so worried!!!!!

Thanks

Ray,

Your Dear wife is in my prayers. I had to redo my mamogram this year and all was well even though I did have a calcification but they are benign. Please keep us posted but dont jump the gun and borrow trouble. God will take care!!

God bless you both,

Jane

Ray,

My prayers are going your way. But, let's just assume that if it was anything too serious they would have called instead of sending a letter? Maybe or maybe not - you never know with doctors why they do what they do but let's hope! Please let us know. You guys have been through enough without having to do this too.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Ray, It isn't that unusual to have to re-do a mammo. Lots of things show up that aren't cancer. I had a duct removed that was benign. My doctors would call me if they suspected anything serious. A form letter is a good sign. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Many more times than not, it's nothing!!!

I do advise, because of my past experiences, to get a second opinion anyway. I took my sister in law to my surgeon this summer for the same reason. It is worth the extra office visit to ensure peace of mind.

Ann rosenberg is in Cherry Hill and Jefferson.

My doctor, and I have been there for 14 years, is Dahlia Sataloff, now out of Graduate. She became chief of surgery this past year. If you decide to go there, PM me and I will tell you who to talk to. They know me too well.

gail

Ray,,,,,Prayers going out to your wife and you. I have had 2 mammos that had to be referred to a surgeon. One was biopsied and removed and was a cyst. Another was a cyst that was so small the surgeon said he wouldnt remove it, and now it is gone. I also have calcifications that are benign. So it can be sooo many things, and usually if it is something of real concern, the hospital will fax the results to the doctor immediately and not wait to send a letter to the patient. It is to your wifes benefit, that they are being very precise about her films, and wanting a second look. Please try not to worry!!

Peace and blessings to you both

Annjael

Ray,

Try not to worry too much until there is some kind of definitive information. Many many times there need to be magnification views to rule out problems. There are also cases of distortion, or some kind of deodorant or something on the skin that shows up in the films.

Even if there is something they need to biopsy, 80% of those turn out to be nothing. So, you are far away from panic mode right now.

And, even if it is something that needs to be taken care of, believe me, it is soooooooooooo manageable.....I've been there and I'm coming up on 4 years out now and everything is fine.....a lot of money has been poured into breast cancer and it shows in the treatments.....

Please, if you feel the need for any information and think I can help in any way, PM me any time.......

Cindy

Ray, you are one wonderful husband, wonderful guy, caring, loving, faithful dude.

I'm betting big money that they just didn't get a very good film on one of the shots they took and want to redo it.

If it were something more serious they would have called her and made sure she came in ASAP, not sent a letter.

I'm speaking partly from experience as my mother is a breast cancer survivor, my cousin did not survive breast cancer, and I get those darn mammograms every year and pay close attention to what they're doing!

Please keep us posted, OK?

God Bless,

Karen C.