My dad had surgery yesterday!

Well, there is good news and bad news. He is doing great after the surgery. He had to have the entire lung removed, as the tumor was large and in both lobes. He was already off the ventilator by the time he got to recovery and they were taking the oxygen mask off a few hours later. His color was very good and he was talking about 3 hours after the surgery. Now for the bad news. The doctor said he found places on his lymph nodes that looked just like the tumor in his lung. He took samples and had them sent off. We should know an answer for sure on Monday if it has spread. He wouldn't say positively or negatively whether it could be cancer, so I have hope that it isn't!!! God is good and He answered a thousand prayers for us. Please keep dad in your thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and for good news on Monday.

Amy, I am glad that you got there and get to be with him. It sounds as if the surgeon is sending tissue off to a pathologist. Prayers for your Dad's speedy recovery and that good news and good follow up care is prescribed.

How is the baby holding up? I bet grandpa was happy to see him!

Take care, and thanks for the update.

Cindi o'h

Amy -

I so glad to hear that your Dad made it through surgery alright. His situation is so similar to my mothers - she had her left lung taken out as well as several (can't remember how many) lymph nodes that looked suspicious. She did great and had an amazing recovery and I hope for only the best news for you and your Dad in the coming days. Always in my thoughts...

Much Love,

Amy

Amy, I've been wondering about you and your dad. Thanks so much for the update. It sounds like he recovered well after the surgery.

Where in WV is he? I'm from WV. Lived here most of my life but we have tons of family over there and I used to go visit all the time - before cancer, that is. PM me if you want. Just curious . . . or maybe we know some of the same folks.

God Bless,

Karen C.