Nov. 1,, 2004 GETTING SMALLER CLUB (not cancer related)

stand4hope

GOOD MORNING!

It’s a new month and time for another fresh start. It’s also time to report in (good or bad). I have lost another 4 lbs. this month, bringing me to being to a total of 20 lbs. SMALLER!

My food tip for this month is to eat lots of fiber. Fiber helps make you feel full, and also helps to offset the effect of carbs and calories, and even help prevent colon cancer. Some of my favorite fiber foods are black beans, bran flakes, oatmeal and potatoes. Here’s a link to some high fiber foods that you can print and take shopping with you: http://www.dietsite.com/dt/diets/eating ... hfiber.asp

As the holidays approach, my personal advice would be to not be too strict. Go ahead and eat some of the wonderful foods during the holidays, just cut down on quantities. If you don’t get SMALLER during the holidays, it’s pretty easy to not gain if we are just sensible about quantities.

Ok, now it’s your turn. Please report how much SMALLER you are this month, and even if you aren’t SMALLER yet, please go ahead and share a good food, exercise or other weight loss tip.

If you haven’t joined us so far, please do so.

Here are the links to the previous GETTING SMALLER CLUB threads:

8/21/2004 Discussion:

http://www.lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10256

9/1/04 Getting Started Getting SMALLER:

http://www.lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10597

10/1/04 GETTING SMALLER:

http://lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=11364

Hello!

I have a recipe to share and I think it's got quite a bit of fiber.

Taco Soup

1 lb. extra lean ground beef or turkey(I prefer the turkey found 98%

fat free here)

2 cans stewed tomatoes

1 can whole kernel corn

1 can chili beans(I like brooks brand, lowest sodium)

1 can pinto beans

1 med. sized onion

1 pkg, taco mix(McCormicks makes a lower sodium mix)

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix(powder)

Brown meat, and add all other ingredients. simmer for a little while and serve. Great with tortilla chips! One cup serving is 2 weight watchers points

Slinking in and sitting beside Margaret. Wondering how many calories I'll burn strangling that perky Peggy :P Peggy is small enough I think I can take her.

Ok...once again...no change! :oops:

However, next week I start aerobics again so we will see.

Kim, send your recipe to kitkathi for the cookbook.

Rochelle

Kim, that recipe sounds wonderful. I have some ground turkey but don't have the taco mix or hidden valley mix, so I'll get the stuff and make that soon. I love things like that and they are really easy to take for lunch to work and heat in the microwave.

(By the way, to everybody that didn't already know, Kim's recipe is only 2 points because Weight Watchers knocks off points for that yummy fiber since it isn't absorbed by your body - goes straight through).

Ry, Muahahaha! (Becky taught me how to do that!) You probably need 3 or 4 months before I'm small enough for you to take me on, though. I'm pretty short, but right now, I could just sit on you and squash you like a bug. LOL!

Margaret and Ry - no slinking allowed! I've been bad for 30 years, so I know ALL ABOUT slinking around. Most of the time, though, I don't slink, just hide behind a "big shirt".

Betty: Don't have to report your weight unless you just want to. We're not (at least I'M NOT - EVER) giving weight, just weight lost, and nobody can make me tell, not even with extreme torture! Only my doctor "knows for sure." Unless somebody has a HIPPA for my medical records, they are SOL! Teehee!

Becky: Going for 3 more workouts! YOU CAN DO IT!! Swing that torso, doe-see-doe!!

Where the heck is everybody else that signed up for this shindig? If I don't start seeing some more posts, I'm going to do a loud ROLL CALL! :)

Loveya all,

Peggy

Not slinking to the back of the room, I'm just walking right on by...if I were to sneak in and sit down, the chair would break and I would be the center of attention...so I'll just go down the hall for the meeting with doughnuts...

Maybe next month...