Life Goes On.....

Candy

Hi All, it has been a while since I have posted. I still miss Hugh so much but it does get "different" with time. Its been over a year now. Our new granddaughter was born on September 7th. I have just arrived home from South Carolina. She looks SO much like Hugh, even more than our son does. Everyone remarks on it. Its like Hugh's legacy. However, it hasn't been an easy road. She was born with DiGeorge's Syndrome (a missing 22nd chromosome). She has had open heart surgery which successfully repaired several holes in her heart and enlarged her aorta. She has a feeding tube until she can learn to swallow, no thymus gland which means she has a very weak immune system. She is home from the hospital and her parents are exhausted. Jeremy is in the AirForce and stationed at Shaw Airforce Base. So far from home and so much to deal with. They are only 23 and 22 years old. But I am convinced that Hugh is watching over her. As soon as I figure out how to do it I will post pics of her. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!