My partner Jud passed away one week ago tonight.

tom

I haven't posted much to this Board but it has been very comforting to me over the course of battling this disease. My partner of 23.5 years was diagnosed in April 2003 with stage IIIB inoperable lung cancer. He went through a variety of chemo and radiation treatments, had pleural effusion, and finally in July of this year it metastasized to his brain, spine, left lung and liver. He finished CyberKnife treatments 3 weeks ago. He was the most courageous person I ever knew. He never complained and always thought of others first. Even when the prognosis was poor he managed to smile and tell me not to worry. He never gave up hope and even on the day he died he wanted to know if he could get his chemo in the hospital room. His thoughts were of me not of himself. He went to work even after he got chemo because he didn't want to be a burden on others. I was with him to the end. I'll never forget it. I'm at a loss for words. He was a wonderful and caring individual and a loving partner and father. I don't know what I'm going to do alone without him. So often I read him stories from this board of people who offered hope and news about clinical trials and success stories. It’s a great place for people suffering with this disease. Thanks to everyone for sharing your intimate details about your lives. It helped us cope.

Tom

Tom,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your partner in life. I have said those words so many times....too many times. But the sentiment behind the words isn't lessened by over use. Prayers to you for peace in the days ahead.

I'm just sorry we didn't get the chance to get to know you and Jud. And I hope you will stay with us. You really are among friends.

Tom, I am so very sorry for your loss of your partner. Jud really does sound like a wonderful man, and after almost 24 years, I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I'm glad you told us, and hope you will come back and let us know how you are doing, let us see if there is anything we can do to help ease the pain even just a little bit. You said he was a great father; how old is/are the children? I will keep you in my prayers.

BeckyCW

Tom,

I will keep you, Jud and the rest of your family in my prayers. I hope that the love and support of family and friends, along with time, will slowly help you begin to heal from the terrible pain you are feeling.

Love,