Paddy and David

K and Kids

Dear Karen and Family,

My heart goes out to all of you as do my prayers. Please let your mom and dad know we are all thinking about them and praying for your dad to go home where he will be the most comfortable. They have been an inspiration to us all.

Pam

I'm so sorry to read this news. I mentioned this to someone else not long after TBone died, and I want to tell you also. Two days or so before TBone died, the wonderful and compassionate hospice doctor said, "Have you all said what you need to say?" We answered that yes, we had. Then he said, "When he's awake, enjoy him." So we did.

Get out there, be with your Mom and Dad and other family members, and enjoy him.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Karen,

I hated so much to read your post. I am so sorry. Tell your mother and family that she is in my prayers and thoughts. It is a good thing that you will be able to go home for a few days. I hope your dad comes home and is without pain. Take care of each other. May peace, comfort and strength be with you all.

Nina

Thank you so much.

I spoke to Mom last night and the plan is to remove the tube (might have been done last night but more like today) and move Dad home. He has made the decision to do nothing more ... he had been given 3 choices and he has made his choice. Hospice is supposed to be setting up today. Things will be organized at the house and Dad might be home by the time the kids and I arrive on Saturday evening.

There is a certain amount of pins and needle for us right now with the removal of this chest tube. Mom asked the doctor and he said that he doesn't expect it to cause Dad to deteriorate that much faster. He was working on one lung for such a long time and that is where the tube removal will take him back to. Our concern is that he is already so very weak and starting to sleep more that this will speed things up. Mom is very concerned that her decision will cause Dad to pass away before one or both (my sister and I) of us make it there. I am due to fly in Saturday evening and Jaccquie is trying to get things wrapped up at work and is hoping to be there Monday. She does have the ability to move a little quicker than I can and probably get there this weekend if it gets really necessary. I have to give this one to God and hope for the best. Mom has done the very best with the information that she has had at the time and that is all she can do.

Dad is still all there when he is awake but sleep is something that he is doing a great deal of. Mom says that he wants nothing to do with eating and after eating a little breakfast and drinking a little later on, he told her not even mention food to him ... it makes him feel sick. I have been warned that Dad VERY thin and even a little jaundiced. He knows that we are going to be on our way and that the grandbabies are coming and he is looking forward to seeing us.

This is about it for now. We have been blessed with amazing friends and family and the support if so amazing. Thank you so much for your continued prayers ... we feel them. I will try to post again soon. I am off to email the rest of the family with this latest stuff and then to pack and do laundry.

Love and prayers to everyone here.