Mike' gone home

kimblanchard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon- I know there are no words which will take away your loss. Just know that everything has a natural course. Nothing happens by chance.

I can sense your faith in your posts and know that you're ok. That you will get through this.

God Bless.

Rocco

Oh Shannon, I'm so very sorry about Mike but grateful that he left so peacefully and all of you were able to be with him. That must be of great comfort to you.

I applaud your determination, hope and courage through this devastating disease.

Kathy

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful love story with us. My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved.

I am thinking of you Shannon and I will always remember your love and devotion.

Mike's personality came through in your writings and I wish I could have known him.

I am thinking of you,

Love, Ada

Shannon,

I have followed your postings and share with you in the agony of your grief. Know that you do not carry this burrden alone. Take comfort in knowing that you did everything possible to fight this disease with Mike, and it was because this was what he wanted. You helped him to achieve 18 months, despite his dagnosis. We hope that you stay with the board for continued support. I also believe that your experience Shannon will help others through this journey in a way that nobody else could. May God's Angels spread their wings around you to comfort and protect you.

Cheryl and Jack

Oh, Shannon, my tears are real. I feel I have lost a friend because you have made Mike so real to us. I am sorry at his passing, but I know he is at peace. I pray that you will know God's presence through the grieving and beyond. You did everything you possibly could to show your deep love for him and to get him the best care. I ache for you, my friend. Know that you are much loved here, and please hang in there with us and let us help. God grant you peace. Love, Don

Oh Shannon, I have tears running down my face...I am so very sorry for your loss. Over the past months, I feel privileged to have gotten to know you and Mike through your stories and you both are such inspirations to me. May you find peace in your memories and know that Mike will forever be watching over you. I can't begin to tell you how much I admire your courage. You will be in my prayers.

Shannon-

I am so terribly sorry. You are truly a positive and supportive person. Mike was lucky to have you by his side. Your post was extremely touching and I'm glad to know that he passed peacefully. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You and Mike are an inspiration. You take care of yourself now.

:cry: Dear Mrs. Mike,

I am so sorry to hear about Mike, but glad that he went peacefully.

You two were both so brave. You have my deepest sympathy.

You can always remember one thing, you did everything possible

to beat the odds, but God had a better plan.

God Bless You and keep giving you strength.

Marsha

dx 12/01 Adenocarcinoma,1/02 right lung removed, Stag 11B NSCLC

4/02 Cancer spread to lymph nodes. Restaged 1V. Chemo 6 treatments

beginning 5/02 ending 8/28/02- in remission and greatful for it.

Guest Estrea

Shannon:

I am so sorry to hear the news. You have been incredible since this whole journey and the entire group is in mourning. Your strength is amazing and you are in my thoughts and heart.

I am glad, however, that you have found support here and hope you will channel your grief into helping us become more active as a group in the future.

All my heart,

Estrea

Shannon,

You and Mike have been my longest friends on this board. I don't know what to say. I can barely see to type through the tears.

I know that Mike is where we all hope to be someday and where you will definetly see him again someday. In the meantime, I know he is watching over you. He was so blessed to have you and you him. May God grant you strength and peace.

Please stay with us, at least for a while. We all need you too.

Sam

Shannon,

I am so sorry for your loss. Althought I'm relatively new to this site, I have followed your postings. You and Mike have always been an inspiration for us all. You are such a strong women. You have been fighting this with all of your might. Mike will be with you always. Take care of yourself.

Dear Shannon

I am so very sorry for your loss. I just dont know what to say. You have such a deep and strong faith that I know God will help you through this very painful tragedy. I dont think there is anyone on these boards that doesnt admire how hard you fought with Mike to beat this monster. I will pray for you and your family for strength..

Dearest Shannon,

I don't know how to express the profound grief I feel at the loss of your Mikey. My heart is in my throat, and tears are in my eyes as I try and type this.

You both have been such an inspiration to me; you are an example of what real beauty, strength and courage is. Your faith and perspective even now is one I can only aspire to imitate. You have always been so open and intimate with us, and through you, I've really gotten to feel like you are part of my family. I could tell that you and Mike enjoyed a strong and genuine true love affair. It was beautiful to witness, and I feel lucky to have been allowed to share in it. Thank you!

I am praying for you and your family to find comfort during this time. I know that Mike is a shining brilliant angel in heaven who will always be close by your side.

Carleen

Guest pepperpike

Dear Shannon,

My deepest sympathy and condolences for your loss. Mike is at peace I'm sure and without pain and discomfort at last. He will be with you always in heart and spirit. We never want to hear of a loss like yours, but this disease is relentless. Another reason the caregivers and survivors must continue to let the voices of the victims be heard.

Shannon,

This is Karen, David C's wife. I am so sorry to hear that Mike is gone. I don't know you at all but Dave shares all your posts with me and I must tell you that you have been quite an example to me as we go through Dave's cancer treatment. Honestly, I strive to be the wife to Dave that you have been to Mike, and thankfully, so far, he hasn't needed what you've had to give Mike, but if he does, I will keep your love, devotion and loyality as a guide. I wish you a happy life and please stay in touch through this board if you can (it might be difficult for you) because I believe you can continue to help others, even if we cannot do anything to help you.

Guest canuckwebgrrl

I was stunned and very saddened by Mike's passing. Please know that sharing with us your struggle has helped so many of us. You & Mike...so many words in my head...Inspirational.

Shannon-

(((((Shannon)))))

I am deeply sorry! I am glad there was no pain, and no fear! God bless you for your fight. You have given alot of us here courage and strength. I know Mikey is in Heaven right now looking on you and saying THANK YOU!!! I want to thank you for being such an inspiration.

We all love you and pray for your peace.

Can't write anymore, as I am at work with tears streaming down my face.

Rana