Mike' gone home

kimblanchard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon

Please allow me to add my sympathies to the many already posted. It must feel like one of the biggest hurts anyone could ever feel after putting up such a battle as you two have been involved with over the past 18 months. But you must also be feeling a big relief for Mike that he can finally rest after such a tough fight. I am saddened by the news, but glad to have known you and Mike through your many enlightening posts; you, Shannon, put such a human face to this awful disease. Shannon, you and Mike will forever be my inspiration whenever I come across tough times.

You two have been the strongest and most courageous people I have had the pleasure to know. Thank you Shannon, and God bless you and your family.

David P.

My Dear Freind Shannon, (MRS. MIKE)!

Oh Sweet Friend, my heart aches for you on the loss of your Mikey. :cry::cry: I am so very sad for you and your family.

I know God and Mike will get you all through these next several weeks, months, years, as you journey through the pain of your loss.

As I read the painful news that our Mike had lost his very difficult battle with this beast, I felt the need to come to be with you for his wake and funeral.

Oh how I would have liked to come, but as we lose one, we celebrate life in a different manor as well. This is my Granddaughters birthday weekend, so that is why I can not attend. With sadness we still celebrate joy. I will share with you that I plan to have my grandkids and others at my Granddaughters birthday party tomorrow release balloons in memory of our Mike and all those we have lost to lung cancer. (I have the balloons ready and the (4 year olds will love to release these balloons) (My daughter felt that would be a nice idea as well). My heart and thoughts and prayers are with you all!

We'll be in touch with you in a few weeks my friend. God and Mike are ALWAYS with you! (you already know that)! (grin)

Warm and Very Gentle Hugs,

Dear Shannon,,

So, So, sorry for your loss, You and Mike have been true warriors over the last 18 months and have touched so many of us. Your so very right, Mikey is with God today and in a better place.

May God always be with you and comfort you

God bless

Bobmc - NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Dear Shannon,

I have been away from the board for many days due to our trip to IU Med Center to begin the clinical trial for Bill. I am so shocked and very saddened by your news and my heart aches for you.

You have been such an inspiration to all of us - to continue to fight and search for solutions despite discouraging news. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and deepest feelings with us to help us all know both you and Mike.

May God help you through this very difficult time. We love you Shannon.

Peg