Mike' gone home

kimblanchard

Shannon,

I was so shocked by your post that I think my heart actually stopped for a second. You and Mike have been so real for all of us, I think we expected Mike to be immortal. You have been the best guide for Mike thru his journey with LC. I can't imagine anyone doing more. You and Mike had that special love that will endure forever.

I know your faith will help you in the coming days. . . months. . . years.

With sympathy and admiration. JudyB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Shannon,

Courage is the word that describes you and Mike. God bless you both. He is in a better place with no more suffering. You have been the most supportive, caring, and loving spouse that anyone could every hope for. I pray for all good things for you and your family. Be at peace.

Joanie

Shannon,

I am in shock! I am sorry. You guys were like the dynamic duo to me and its like my superhero has been taken away.

I am sorry..

Rick

Guest DaveG

Shannon:

Thank you so much for taking my call tonight. It was good to hear your voice and your strength. I pray that you know that Mike is now in comfort and free of his pain. I know that Mike will continue to be with you and remain by your side. We will understand your absense, but look forward to your return as our own cancer warrior.

For those who have been requesting address information, you may forward cards and letters to the addresses in Shannon's post. Shannon's last name is Boll.

Shannon,

I am so sorry, I know you have been though alot, both of you are some of the first i remember when i first found this site, and i know we both have gone though things i am glad you got to spend alot more time with Mike, Mark only made it 9 months but now they are our angels looking down on us, If you need to talk please email me, it has been 3 months for me and it is confusing, just take it one hour at a time, and let me know how you are doing, i will be praying for you, Again i am so sorry you have to go though this

Sandy

Shannon -

My heart is aching for you - I am SO sorry for your loss.

Please now focus all the strength and determination on yourself as you work your way through your grief.

I'm so sorry Honey,

((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))

SandyS

Shannon

I wrote you in the greiving forum! I feel so bad for you!! but happy for Mikes as now he has no pain!!!!! He is looking down on you & wishing he could take your pain away!!!!

(((Hugs)))

Estelle

Shannon--I'm writing this through tears. Your stories about Mike were the first I read when I came to the boards and your attitude inspired Tim and me. You have helped so many people by telling your story--you have no idea. Mike is with God and watching over you now. My heart is broken for you.

Annie

dear mrs mike: I can relate to what you are going through, as I too just lost my husband a month ago..... we also planned a trip on father's day for my husband to keep his dreams alive...... we went to new hampshire and visited all the places he loved and the places he took my girls when they were small....... when we arrived a butterfly landed on a bush right beside us, and I called my girls attention to it......no words were spoken1 because we all knew...... keep his hopes and dreams alive and remeber how wonderful family, and friends really are because they have kept me strong....... god bless you and your family.........

Dear Shannon,

I was talking w/ my sister this morning and was shocked and saddened when she told me about Mike. Like many others who read your post this morning, I'm also having a hard time reading through the tears as I type. I am so very, very sorry. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

With love,

Joyce

I am so sorry. You have been on here back when I was new on these boards. I know we don't all beat this cancer but it is never easy when it happens. I want you to know you 2 have been an inspiration to me. Please check in with us. All my love and my prayers for you and your family. He never gives us more than we can bear! Look at Issaih 43.

MRS MIKE,

I LIKE THAT NAME. TEARS WON'T STOP COMING DOWN. I DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE READING THIS TODAY. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE HIM ALL WRAPPED UP AND ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

SURE WISH WE ALL LIVED BY YOU SO WE COULD COME TO THE FUNERAL AND GIVE YOU ALL OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. YOU ARE A VERY STRONG WOMAN. I WISH I HAD JUST A 10TH OF YOUR STRENGTH. GOD BLESS.

Shannon,

Like the others above I too am typing this with tears in my eyes. I have been following your story since I joined this board back in April. You have been so inspiring to me, the love and support you have shown for your husband leaves me breathless. I am so terribly sorry you are having to go through this.

You are an amazing woman, which is clear to us all based on the amount of replys to this post, and I know you will remain strong and keep Mikes memory alive.

God bless you and your family.

Tracy

Shannon,

There are not words to express my sorrow at the loss of Mike. You are a trully amazing woman and you loved Mike so well. You did everything in your power to love and care for Mike. Thank you for sharing your life with us... you have inspired so many and I feel like i have watched a beautiful love story and a story of true love, strength and courage. Shannon you are a shining star and you certainly will be an excellent nurse, God be with you and know that we are always here for you.

Laurie