Dads cat scan result, not good

Debaroo

Well, the onc. called me today...Dad has mets to the liver, but the worst part is that his left lung is almost completly collapsed, and they don't know if it is just fluid causing it, or a tumor. He will go to a pulm. and they will try to use a needle to relieve some of the fluid, but if it isn't fluid than I don't know what will happen.

I'm scared, and numb at the same time.

I'm sad, and numb at the same time.

I don't know what to do...I asked about RFA for the liver mets and the onc. said to check it out, that it just might work..but first we have to deal with the collapsed lung, since he can't undergo chemo until that is handled, he is much tooo weak.

Just, please pray you guys...I know I don't even have to ask, but I feel so powerless right now...and so dumb.

Thank God the board is online today, I think I'd go crazy if it weren't, as I have been for the past two days of it being offline and not being able to check in on and with all of you...I felt lost, just so lost. Thank you all for being here.

Take care, Deb

Deb, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying for him, you and your family. You all seem to have an amazing strength and attitude. I am sorry you have to go through all this. I wish there was something more I could say to make you feel better. Please lean on everyone here when needed. I will be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

Deb,

So sorry to hear your discouraging news and to feel your helplessness in the face of this ugly beast. I'll be saying prayers for dad and your family. All you can do right now is pray, hang in there, and count on us to support you as much as we can.

Bunches of tender hugs.

Deb, Stay positive, Gene had plueral effusion and a collapsed lung and did fine with antibodics. RFA maybe a good choice I have heard so many good things about this procedure, finally Gene's onc. agreed it may be an option for Gene. Unfortunately we took him to the cardiologist yesterday and he heard something he didn't like and Gene is in the hospital awaiting another caterization (#4) this may be the reason he is so out of breath. I am praying for a small blockage or a simple restenosis. I saw the Xrays last night while he was in the ER and the both lungs look like white clouds. Second week of Gemzar is now on hold. Need some extra prayers for his procedure today. Thank heavens this board is back on line, I was in a state of panic after the Doc visit. Praying for us all. Carol

Deb-

I am sending up prayers right now for your dad - I'm so glad the boards are back on so we can all keep in touch! Hang tough and take it one day at a time - as my hubby told me - and if that's too much you take it one hour at a time, one minute at a time. You can do this. We're right there behind you. Gods blessings--

Terrie

Debaroo

Hang in there girl!!! Sometimes things seem to be worse before they get better!! Lets hope & prayer it is that way this time!!!

Keep us posted!!!

((((((Hugs))))))

Estelle

Thank you so much for all of your support, guys...And Estelle, I hope you're right, I keep telling myself that too. That sometimes things take such a downslide, and then, after some work, it is resolved and things will start to maintain again...I hope.

Carol, I private messaged you. I hope Gene is doing alright.

It really has been a HUGE help knowing that all of you are here, and that I have a place to go whenever I need to.

Dad goes to the pulmanologist today (friday) at 12:30, and I am hoping and praying that his lung can be drained and they can get it working again.

I will, of course, keep you all posted. My dear friends, we've never met and yet when I need to confide in someone how things are going, you are the first people I want to go to...you understand, and I can't express how grateful I am to each and every one of the 400+ members here. Everyone dosn't have to answer, I know there are posts I read and don't respond to, but I STILL say a prayer and think of them.

Take care, guys Deb

Deb,

I truely believe that you have been a great advocate for your father. Continue pushing for the best medicine can offer like the RFA. I researched it for my sister and it is becoming more and more common. Praying for good news soon,

Mary