Onc called today

karen335

Hi All,

My onc called today, last week when I was in her office, my CT scan had not been read and she didn't have results, So I have a new appt. Tuesday, Nov. 9th. They didn't say what it was for when they called so my hubby is trying to find out. Praying it is GOOD news. I hate to ask again, but can you please continue to pray for me. Thank you so very very much.... I'll let evryone know as soon as I know...

God Bless and prayers for all,

Karen

Hi all,

Appointment with Onc on Tuesday was cancelled. She was confused, but I did have appt. todauy Thursday with Radiation Onc. at City of Hope. In reading my MRI< he said it was not normal, wants me to have PET Of the headin the next 3weeks. Said it could be CA coming back or scar tissue from the stereotactic radiation. He gave me three choices,1. the PET scan 2. MRI with another name added to it (not sure.)3. wait and see .... I opted to have the PET. If it's the wait and see I may have to have surgery to remove the scar tissuue. That is scary, since scar tissue doesn't heal. Has anyone else eperienced this type of situstion?????I will keep everyone posted.

God Bless, healing, Hugs and many prayers,

Karen

Karen, I wish you didn't have to even worry about any of this. Things have been going so well for you, and my prayers are that everything will continue to be ok.

I guess I'm confusued about getting a PET scan for your head. We have always been told that a PET is bascially ineffective for the brain because it's almost always dark and that an MRI is the only effective test for the brain. I know I've read that from others on here, as well. Is the PET scan you are getting for the brain or for everywhere else?

In any case, I'm sorry you have to even think about going through any of this.

Keep us posted, please.

Love,

Peggy

Hi Karen,

yuck. that is all I can think of to say. geez we hate not knowing and tests and then waiting. grrrr.

As far as the head PET is concerned...I have heard of it. I talked with the PET tech who had done mine regular PET's. He was talking about it being a whole different set-up as far as the machine is concerned. It was so long ago that I talked to him about it, that I cannot remember the details, except that it is a viable test.

Hang in there. Ask for as many prayers as you need. I, for one, am a firm believer in prayers. When I get all shook up, I whisper some prayers like the good, Our Father, and it puts me to sleep better than any anti-anxiety med.

Cindi o'h

hi karen,

i wish you only good results from all of your tests. i'm a bit confused too. i don't know why your doc suggested a pet scan of your brain. as far as i know, the scan isn't very clear or accurate (even a general ct scan doesn't reveal everything). as berisa stated, mri is the best (according to the docs i have spoken too). i hope that everything is okay though. prayers being sent.

God bless,

mj

Hi All,

I'm confused too. The radiation Onc @ The City of Hope in Duarte, CA gave me the decision to make, as if I' know what I'm choosing. He said the PET is not the normal one for the whole body(only the head.) He said the name and I can't remember it and he also said I could have the MRI, but it has an unusual name also. Maybe Dr. Joe can jump in here and help me out....

I will post as soon as I get some answers. I'm confused too...

Fay, didn't Janet go to the COH?

Thanks, God Bless and prayers,

Karen

Karen,

My prayers are with you. I hope someone can clear up this confusion for you - it is hard enough to make decisions like that when you have all the facts. Take care of yourself. I am in the Pasadena area not far from City of Hope - let me know if you need anything.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B