Limited SCLC - "Curable" or not?

SDianneB

Don Wrote:

Someone ought to create a take your doctor a batch of cookies day.

I wholeheartedly agree! Last year, when I finished treatment, I brought a big cake for the chemo nurses to share and homemade muffins for the radiology department. And when Christmas rolled around and I was up for a 3 month visit, I came loaded up with homemade chocolate covered pretzels for my radiation doc and oncology doc. The smiles on their faces were priceless.

I also believe that sending Christmas cards with a "thank you" for all that they do goes a long way. I can't imagine the heavy heart they must walk around with on a daily basis, and a little appreciation does wonders to revitalize their dedication :wink:

In late August, about the time I was halfway through with radiation therapy, I took a 5 pound (no kidding!) Hershey bar to the therapists. They couldn't believe it! It was huge. I think it took them weeks to get rid of it! One of them calculated how many calories were in the whole thing - yikes!

Hehehe....the day I took homemade fudge and peanut brittle to the Infusion Center nurses and the Rad. Onc crew....I stopped in Infusion first. Then I went on upstairs to radiation.

Well, I was at the front desk in rad making my follow up appointment for a month down the road when the phone rang. Susan answered it and then said, "Yeah, she's standing right here!" :shock:

It was Linda down in Infusion, asking if I would give the nurses down there my candy recipes? I said sure I would. I got Linda's email and she said she'd copy the recipes for the other nurses, but before we hung up....she told me the peanut brittle was practically gone already!! :D

It hadn't been 10 minutes since I'd left it there. Cracked me up....and clearly let me know how much they appreciate this kind of gesture from patients. Nice to hear how many of us have done something like this.