DOC SAYS "START THINKING ABOUT HOSPICE" BUT.......

cmeandk

LAST MONDAY, WHICH WAS WHEN HE WAS TO BEGIN HIS ROUND OF CHEMO, THE DOC TOLD US TO START THINKING ABOUT HOSPICE. THE NEXT DAY HE HAD CHEMO. NOW ISN'T THAT A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS?

THE DOC DOESN'T THINK THAT MY DADS BODY CAN TAKE ANY MORE CHEMO. BUT AGAIN, TODAY, HE HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO GET THE SECOND DOES OF CHEMO IN THIS ROUND(STILL WATING TO HERE FROM MY SISTER AS TO HOW THAT IS GOING).

I THINK IT IS TRUE THAT HE CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE CHEMO. THE WHITE OF HIS EYES AND HIS SKIN ARE NOW A DEEP YELLOW. I JUST GOT A EMAIL FROM MY SIS FROM THE ONCS OFFICE AND THEY ARE NOT ALLOWING HIM TO DO CHEMO, BUT ARE INSTEAD SCHEDULING A CTSCAN OF HIS LIVER FOR SOME TIME THIS WEEK? THEY SURE AREN'T IN ANY HURRY?

SO I GUESS THE END IS COMING? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!!!

Sorry tp hear your Dad is having a hard time, sounds as if there is something going on with the liver. There may be something blocking the bile duct, or he may have some liver mets.

My husband also has had mets to the liver for a year now, I don't think the topotecan worked well for him at all (we only had one round) because of low plateletts. He had a lot of growth to the thyroid in one month. (Now having radiation again.)

Maybe they can try another lower dosed chemo, there are plenty of them out there.

Rosemary