couple of songs

kimblanchard

Here are a couple of songs I heard again recently. Both are by Diamond Rio; their greatest hits album is pretty darn good.

"She Misses Him On Sunday The Most"

They were quite a pair

The way that love should be

They still held hands

For the world to see

She’s thankful that she had him all those years

But she still has days she can’t hold back the tears

She misses their Monday night bowling league

When they’d wear their matching shirts

She misses their Wednesday night dinner out

As soon as he got home from work

And Saturday morning sleeping late

Holding each other close

But she misses him on Sunday the most

She sits alone on that same old pew again

His tenor voice still echoes now and then

It brings back all those memories of him there by her side

What she’d give for one more Sunday drive

She misses their Monday night bowling league

When they’d wear their matching shirts

She misses their Wednesday night dinner out

As soon as he got home from work

And Saturday morning sleeping late

Holding each other close

But this is the song that really tears me up pretty bad:

One More Day

Diamond Rio

Last night I had a crazy dream

A wish was granted just for me,

It could be for anything

I didn't ask for money

Or a mansion in Malibu

I simply wished, for one more day with you.

Chorus:

One more day

One more time

One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied

But then again

I know what it would do

Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you.

--- Instrumental ---

One more day.

First thing I'd do, is pray for time to crawl

I'd unplug the telephone

And keep the tv off

I'd hold you every second

Say a million I love you's

That's what I'd do, with one more day with you.

Chorus:

One more day

One more time

But then again

I know what it would do

Chorus:

One more day

One more time

But then again

I know what it would do

Leave me wishing still for one more day

Leave me wishing still for one more day

With you.

One more day...

Refer to Garth Brooks, Curtis...

The Dance

(Tony Arata)

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared 'neath the stars above

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known that you'd never say goodbye

CHORUS

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I the king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

CHORUS

It's my life is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

I have never liked the dance. Had I known I would be sitting here today, I would have redoubled my efforts to woo Becky 11 years ago. This pain is a sliver compared to the joy of a lifetime together. I am not hiding from this pain, and I am not hiding from the pain of rejection as all these women cut off me on e-harmony or whatever. There is no rejection anyone can hand me that can match the acceptance Becky gave me. And by being open to that pain, by not flinching, and by not letting anyone tell me that I am not supposed to be like this, I put myself in a position to be delighted again and to be loved again.

If another love like Becky's means another pain like this one somewhere down the line, sign me up. Right here. Right now. There's no place I'd rather be.

Curtis

This song says it all for me right now.

Mercyme

HOMESICK

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times,

And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you.

But, the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry

Is how long must I wait to be with you.

Chorus

When I close my eyes and I see your face, if homes where my heart is then I'm out of place. Lord won't you give me strength to make it through somehow, I've never been more homesick then now.

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways

The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know, but even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same

Because I'm still here, so far away from home

I Christ there are no goodbyes, in Christ there is no end. So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have, to see you again, to see you again.

Chorus again

Curtis...

I don't know that I've ever replied to one of your thoughtful, sentimental and full-of-feeling posts. But I've read most of them. Perhaps I haven't replied because after reading one of your posts or replies - specifically about Becky and your love for her/life with her - I sort of need time to process and think. I am, more often than not, sort of stunned into silence by your words. That's not something that happens often! :wink:

I figure it's time to say something! Firstly, you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. Next, the full range and depth of your feelings about Becky probably should be in a book - which you are more than capable of writing.

And lastly, while I know you grieve her loss....there is rarely anything maudlin about your remembrances of Becky and your life together...and THIS is perhaps the most remarkable thing of all. Maybe it's Katie that keeps you buoyed above or beyond grief; for Katie's sake, you make the effort not to get trapped in the pain of loss. Or maybe it's just you, who has the ability to have a wise-beyond-your-years perspective on everything.

Starting out in a marriage, no one could anticipate losing a spouse and being left with a young child. And yet this is what happened to you. It seems to me that you are handling your loss and the great responsibility that you've been left with (your darling daughter) beautifully.

I guess I just wanted you to know that though I've never said so before, I am often moved and inspired by your outlook...your words....your view on many things. I'm also impressed. It seems to me that your *mind excursions* and memories.....the way you hang on to even some of smaller nuances of your life with Becky....is a very mentally healthy way to approach your life.

That you are so willing to share so many of your thoughts with us...is like the icing on the cake around here. And....I guess I needed to say, Thank You! Becky certainly left us too soon...but while she was here, I'm sure she knew she was a very lucky lady to have shared time with you!

I think Becky would have traded all the pretty words for a sap who would put the lid back on the toothpaste or actually put a roll of toilet paper on the little spinny thing where it goes.

But I appreciate the sentiment.

In all honesty, I am just doing what Becky did. She battled the cancer with everything she had, but she did not let it stop her from living. She was a mom and a wife before everything else. And she was a teacher after that. And only then would she have thought of herself as a cancer patient. I cannot fathom the effort that she gave to make it through days the last several months of her life, and she did it with joy. It is in her honor that I live. I can't begin to fathom why I am here and she is not, but what I can do is live the way I saw her live. I can make every day as precious to me as it would have been to her.

Becky was never ashamed. I was reading the creation story in Genesis a couple of weeks ago, and apart from thinking about how nice a Halloween costume for my next wife some fig leaves would be, I was struck by what God said to Adam and Eve after they ate the fruit of knowledge. "Who told you that you are naked?" Adam and Eve and each of us are complete the way we are, the way God made us. There is no shame in my grief and no shame in Becky's cancer or in anything else. Sin comes when we allow ourselves to be convinced that we are not good enough. Because we are good. Good enough requires a comparison. Good doesn't. Becky lived like that, and I am trying to, without comparison to anyone else, naked. (If nothing else, me naked gets the laughs.)

That is why I can date again so soon. Because I am naked. Because I know that there is no rejection that has a chance compared to the acceptance I have already been given by Becky, who knew every bad thing about me and loved me anyway. What chance does Alisa dumping me have against that?

Nah, I have the easy part. All I have ever had to do is to watch and learn. I watched Becky, and she taught me how to be a dad and how to be a man and how to live. I only get credit for staying awake in class.

Curtis

Well, just don't shortchange yourself, Curtis. A lot of people stay awake in class and still don't get the lesson!

I still think that the way you speak of her and remember her is lovely. Take that for what it's worth. I know that Becky's up there nodding her head at what I'm saying. Women understand these things better than you guys do....ya know? :wink: Just wait till Katie falls in love someday...that'll be a whole 'nother education for you. :D