Any suggestions on holiday gift for oncologist?

Andrea

Hi. I like to do my shopping early :) I am trying to decide if we should get the oncologist a holiday gift, and if so, what. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they are doing?

We are giving the physician assistant a gift certificate to the mall. Females are so much easier than men :)

I was tyring to find a lung cancer tie or something on line. No luck yet.

Thanks in advance for suggestions on what ya'll are doing. ( I spent 4 years in Georgia, the ya'll comes out at times ;) )

You mean the one I like or the one I don't like? I have a really good idea of something for the one I don't like, but he's already outta there. :evil: (KIDDING!!!!!)

My sister did this for her cardiologist, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my pulmonologist. She filled a handmade basket with Life Savers. I'm thinking of a tin or something, but will probably use the Life Saver idea with him, because he truly did save my life.

Di

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great suggestions!

I see my radiation oncologist tomorrow and my medical oncologist Thursday. My Radiation Onc. is an older Jewish man, so the Angel ornament idea is out, but I distinctly remember that he LOVED the homemade chocolate covered pretzels I gave him last year, so that may be worth repeating.....but my Medical Onc. (Dr. James Stevenson from Univ. of Penn) went above and beyond the call of duty by speaking at our NJ Lung Cancer Benefit, so I would like to get him something extra special.

Any more suggestions -- keep them coming!

I think if your doctor is exceptional, you should buy them a Porsche...or a Jaguar... If cost is an issue and there's no import dealer of that caliber in your area code, head down to Toys R Us and pick up a Matchbox 1:64 model of one with custom paint and design! Hey, it's the THOUGHT that counts!

If you just want to send something nice, I'm sure edible goodies are a great choice, but if you want to be remembered, you need to find something that is a part of YOU to give to THEM. For example, I would place some Altoid Tangerine Sours tins in with any baked goods I left at the office - they'd know it was me before reading the card! :wink:

Ornaments are nice because they last longer than a coffee break... 8)

Lots and lots and lots of things to think about...what do you give your mail delivery person?

If you just want to send something nice, I'm sure edible goodies are a great choice, but if you want to be remembered, you need to find something that is a part of YOU to give to THEM.

Becky, a great idea! So, when I'm done with the PCI and they give me my mask, I'm going to fill it with coal and give it back. Ha. :P (KIDDING!)

I have a good family doctor, dentist and surgeon, so each

get 3 long weekend a year of care for their dogs, Mike

started it and I am keeping it up, so I am the one that is getting

a gift 9 times a year.

Forget about my radio-oncologist, never saw him since 1999,

always a different one (we do not get along), but his wife also

radio-oncologist at the same hospital took so good care of Mike

that she gets a big box of Laura Secord chocolate.

Got them key rings, golf balls, and fishing tackles also.

Thank you for the suggestions, will try it next year.

J.C.