Quickly checking in.....

Angie Daughter of Bill

Well guys, I know it's time to check in when Frank Lamb is checking up on me. :wink: (just kidding Frank......like I told you, I really appreciate you checking on me)

The last week has been like a whirlwind. Dad has started radiation to his T12 and his left hip. The radiation oncologist thought that the left hip showed a pretty sizable uptake and due to the location, we should radiate it also. So, we are going for radiation treatments on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Tuesdays we have to stay over to see the radiation oncologist and the medical oncologist. Tomorrow Dad will start his new chemo. (Alimta) Dad is still having quite a bit of pain in his back. (not enough radiation treatments to help it yet) Driving an hour each way four days each week is really tiring for Dad.

Other than the back pain, Dad is having a terrible time with constipation. He is on Lactulose 60ml twice a day.........very ineffective. Also, despite taking Megace, Dad still has no appetite. If I can get a few bites of food in him, it's a good day. He is still able to go down to the country store and tell tall tales with the guys.

My girls have busy schedules........I have somewhere to take the girls four afternoons each week. Plus, this Friday is one of the fundraisers that I have planned for our friend who had a heart transplant. Whew! See why I haven't been around??

I must say though............God IS Good!! I can step back and look and my life a couple of years ago. Everything does happen for a reason. I became a stay at home Mom a couple of years ago. Shortly after that, my Dad and stepmother of 23 years split. My Dad was going to live with us temporarily.......then he was diagnosed with lung cancer. God knew what was coming my way and he prepared me for it. He made a way so that I would be able to care for my Dad. I am so thankful and honored to be able to be there for my Dad. It's hard right now, real hard, but I am holding together pretty good. I think of you all daily and I pray for you. I know that you will all say to take time for myself...........well, there just doesn't seem to be any time for me right now. That's o.k. though.......this is Dad's time.

Love to you all!!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Angie -

I have been thinking about you so glad you got a chance to check in. I hope your Dad gets some relief soon and that you get to have some "me" time - we all need it - Hang in there - your attitude is amazing - my life isn't nearly as hectic as yours and I am having trouble coping :oops: . Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Much Love,

Amy

Angie,

I am so glad that you do have the time to spend with your dad and help him as much as you do. The girls sound like very active young ladies and I am sure you wouldn't want it any other way. I think of you often and as always, you are in my prayers. Let us know how you are every once in a while..I hope your dad's pain is better quickly.

Nina