Hello-I'm nomclk

nomclk

I was diagnosed with nsclc in Feb.04-had lower left lobectomy -to remove 1.3cm tumor-stage 1a-no lymph nodes involved- and it was classified as adenocarcinoma. I am simply so very happy to have this forum- and very much feel very alone in this arena. I smoked for 30 yrs. and I'm female-50yrs. old. Oh I tried to quit through the years- but never found success. I did quit on Feb. 19th-threw them in the trash can in my Drs. office. I accept full responsability for my behavior in alll that I have done in this life-and made sure my Dr. knew this before my surgury. I have managed to get back to work after 9wks. post-surgury- and have also had two squamous papillomas removed - one in esophogus one on tongue-one prior to lobectomy -one post---so I have also got HPV- about 28 yrs. ago -I had quite a few surgury's done to hold pre-cancerous cells-from what could have been classified cervical cancer------I am from avery small town area- small town hospital- but had a very good Thorasic Surgeon -feel confident in that. Either way -I do have pain on the whole of my left side from time to time- and although I have had no problem quitting the smoking- I have put on weight that has been a hinderance I think..Does anyone here have suggestions as to how a healthy way to lose weight- and or about taking supplements to help ward the Cancer from mes.??????? I am so happy to meet you all- I am sorry it is in this arena- yet- I have read many of these stories- and feel so privalaged to have all of these new acquaintances. Strong feelings of hope and faith fill me daily- and I send a bit of that to all of you here!

First of all I want to extend to you a big welcome to the group.

I smoked for 30 yrs. and I'm female-50yrs. old. Oh I tried to quit through the years- but never found success. I did quit on Feb. 19th-threw them in the trash can in my Drs. office.

Second I want to say congragulations on quit smoking. Now STOP IT. Don't beat yourself up over what you have done in the past. Yes, I agree that smoking causes cancer. No, I don't agree that it is the only cause. I also smoked for 35 years. You will notice there are many non-smokers here. What caused their cancer. I don't know and neither do they. You are going to endure a lot of stress as you travel on this journey. Why waste your energy on "used to's" and "have beens?" Concentrate on the road ahead and remember we are here to help you any way we can.

I'd like to let you know that we have a chat every Tuesday and Wednesday night (any other time if you need it and can find someone to chat with). It is 8PM CST till ???

Will be looking for future post on your progress.