Hi there! (time for an update)

DeanCarl

Dean...

It's good to hear from you. You continue to amaze. You know...you were dx'd on my birthday....and every year from here on out, I'm going to think of you and I will hope you're still feeling up to a post now and then! :wink: You have been and continue to be an amazing spiritual inspiration!

Hi Dean,

It's good to hear from you. My husband filled our bird feeder last weekend, and I think they all must have been waiting for a week or two because within 15 minutes after he came in the house, they were all over that bird feeder.

Di: It's easy: The red ones are redbirds, the blue ones are bluebirds, the black ones are blackbirds, and the brown ones are sparrows! Piece of cake! Anybody can do it! :D:D

Love,

Peggy

Peggy so helpfully points out:

Di: It's easy: The red ones are redbirds, the blue ones are bluebirds, the black ones are blackbirds, and the brown ones are sparrows! Piece of cake! Anybody can do it!

hahahahahahaha .... funny lady, she is. hahahahahaha ....

:lol::lol::lol:

(It really IS funny!!!)

Dear Dean,

So happy to see your posts and to read your words and to get another dose of your wisdom. We're enjoying our bird feeder too but so, unfortunately, are some squirrels who never found it before but who have certainly done so this year. We have a squirrel proof cage in the centre of it, but they know to wait around until enough birds have been there and spilled seeds around the outside, then they take over. Len has gone out with a bb gun and plastered each squirrel several times but they just laugh...the great white hunter with his bb gun. The birds don't go away when he takes up his position -- they know he's not after THEM -- they just wait around until he peppers the squirrel who runs away for a space of time, giving them an opportunity to get back to feeding. Oh, well.

We have a plethora of tufted titmice and chicadees, some cardinals and the occasional nasty blue jay, plus a whole lot of other birds of one sort or another. Hawks do circle around the sky and we still have owls that we hear at night from time to time. I wonder if we could recruit the hawks to solve our squirrel problem. Guess not....

Keep on posting, Dean Carl. It's always good to hear from you.

Ellen

Well, now that I've gotten myself back together again after reading your "tribute," let me echo what all the others have said . . . you're missed here, but I'm so glad you're still finding the beauty in every day.

Reading your post prompted me to change my avatar. Now you can see a hawk even when you're on-line instead of looking out that window. So how does it feel to have a wild animal named after you?!

Lots of love to you, Dean. And I'll reiterate that tribute -

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa