DavidC - surgery done

BeckyCW

Hey, everybody, thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. Karen called to say that David's surgery (to remove the fluid from around his heart) went well this morning. Last I heard, he was still in the recovery room, in pain, and waiting for a room in intensive care with the right kind of bed with all the heart monitoring equipment. He's probably all settled by now, and I hope with not so much pain. Karen said the nurses were great, kept her informed, and let her go see him in the recovery room. She sounded relieved.

Just wanted to do a quick update. Thanks for your continued prayers!

BeckyCW

Becky...thanks so much for keeping us updated. I'm so glad it's over and hope they keep David's pain well under control for him. Will continue to send all positive vibes and thoughts his way that he's up and out of there soon...and back home where he belongs.

Tell me...are your folks still there with Dave and Karen? I hope so...it would seem they could sure use the support and help with Faith right now. Your folks are wonderful to come and stay for a long visit to help out.

Please let Karen know how much we all are thinking of them....will you?

Addie, yes, my folks are still with them. They've been living on David's property in their big (I mean big!) RV since late August, and they are a big help especially with Faith. My mom (Faith would say "MY GrandMom!") left me a phone message awhile ago to say she and my dad had visited with David awhile this afternoon and that he was "his old self" and doing good. So I'm guessing they have his pain at least relatively under control. I sure hope! I know he'll be glad to get home, but it'll be a few more days.

BeckyCW

Becky...I'm delighted that things are going well for David. It does sound like they have the pain well under control if he's already being "his old self"....huh? :wink:

And your folks are nothing short of wonderful to be there; so available and willing to help out! Of course taking care of that little pixie Faith,

isn't exactly "rough duty"....is it? :wink:

My continued best to Dave and Karen and all the family, and here's hoping Dave is home very soon!