33 years married only 51 years old, can't live w/o him

Hopeful

my husband passed on, two weeks ago tomorrow. he was dxs (?) 9-14, in 7 weeks he was gone. he fought it so hard no one could believe it. he was the most wonderful, kind, generous, friendly and person you would ever meet. i get cards from people that just met him and say they knew he was a kind and caring person. (in a workplace that you don't see that kind of thing.) people drove over 2 hours one way to come to his service. some took off w/o pay went home to clean up, went to service then drove back and changed and went back to work.

i just don't know how i can do it w/o him.....we were best friends he and i did everything together. at the service we passed a candle around and no one could even talk they were crying so hard everyone who spoke talked about our great love for each other, how we were meant for each other. now i want to be with him eternally. but we have 2 grown sons and a grandson. so i ask my husband to take me but make sure the boys are going to be alright. i know he wants me with him as much as i want to be with him. he was so sweet he tried to do everything for me. he got scared if i went to the dr. (20 mile drive) he always called from work.

take care, joni

Joni,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My hubby and I have been married for 37 years, and I, too, can't imagine being without him. I know, though, that if something happens to him, or vice versa, that we will both eventually move forward and focus on the ones that are still here that we love so much.

You will eventually be able to do that for your boys. Whether your sons are grown or not, they still need you! Your grandson needs you! I'm sure there are many family and friends that need you and love you. We need you here, too. There are many grieving spouses here that need your support, as well as you needing them, so please hang on tight. It will take a while, but it will get better.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss!

God bless you,

Peggy

((((((((Joni)))))))) I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet husband. You are where I was, 3 yrs ago this past August. I was married for 29 yrs. I know this is a terrible time for you, it is overwhelming. The feelings you have are normal. Please just take one day at a time, get as much rest as possible, and remember to eat, even if it is several small meals per day. Grief takes alot of energy. There is no magic time frame for grief, it is very individual. I can tell you it gets easier, but it also takes time to get to that point. You don't ever forget, you learn to cope. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you.

My sincere sympathy

Peace and blessings

Annjael

Joni,

I am so sorry for your loss. My mom and dad were married for 41 yrs. and my mom did everything, she took care of everything, even dad. It has been very hard on him and he often asks why God didn't take him instead of her. He told me he didn't think he could go on without her, but I told him that he had to. I believe God has a reason for our time here and when that time is done, he takes us home. My mom's death was not in vain. She continues to inspire and change the people she knew and loved. We must continue their legacy of love and hope for the future. We owe that to them. It doesn't make it any easier, and missing them is the hardest part; God, how I wish I could just hug her again, and feel her love and warmth envelope me again, but memories will have to suffice, for now. I tell myself one day I will have an eternity of hugs where the warmth and safety of those hugs never end.

Hang in there Joni, we are here for you. I hope and pray that with each passing day the pain becomes less, and the memories become more precious than gold.

Joni I do understand how you feel. I know that feeling of wanting to go and be with your loved one. Sometimes still I have that feeling and it will be two years Thursday sense my Johnny died. All I can say is that you get through it. It isn't easy and sometimes you wonder why you bother but there really isn't any choice. Life is not fair but I do believe that dispite our pain there is a reason for our loved ones leaving us behind in this cruel world. Maybe someday when we join them we will understand. The thing is love is a beautiful and precious thing and it never dies. Maybe we have to stay behind so we can project that love for others to see and learn from.

God bless you and help you through the coming weeks. I know only too well how hard the holidays are. Still you have your sons how lucky you are to have them. I will be praying for you and all of us who need to find a way to make our way again. Lillian

Joni, All the folks who posted above have great wisdom. And this all happened too fast for you. What a shock. But you know what? You can go on and you will, and you will have him with you everyday. I promise you, his spirit will be with you and you will know it too. I know this from when I lost my Mom, and I am bracing myself for if my hubbie should go before me. I think having children is what will help me in the end. I am so sorry.

Much love, Cyndy