Treebywater Posted November 23, 2004 Share Posted November 23, 2004 Hi! I am new here. I'm trying to make the transition from the 'welcome' board to the board at large so I have posted this both places. I know I'm ridiculous. My mom just called after her appointment with the oncologist. He was apparently pretty upbeat and hopeful about mom's prognosis... as well as fairly non-committal. He said mom has a possible Stage II. That depends on the PET scan that they will do in a couple of weeks (more on that in a moment). He thought that the spots on the liver might be harmless cysts. 1 lymph node looks like it MAY be involved. Again... we'll wait on the PET scan to determine that. AND the results from yesterday's MRI were good. It appears that there is nothing in mom's brain. (She would say.... 'No suprise there!' ). Nothing appearing to be cancerous or cause for concern anyway according to the doc. So she is encouraged, and I am encouraged too. And now they are headed my direction to spend some time with us before they do the PET scan. That worked out well because they can only schedule those at the hospital she must work with every other Wednesday and they were full up for tomorrow. I can't wait to see her and give her a big hug!! So that is what we know now. Of course, if things slide the other way, we will deal with that too. Can anyone give me any information about what the course of action may be if the spots in the liver are cancerous? Mom's coming! Yay!!! Edited to clarify and reframe my question. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.