I'm New and LOVE your site!!!

Suz

It took me a couple of days to find the best site, and this is definitely it! I can tell since I, like a couple of others belong to another for different health issue.

I'm Suz in Chicago and will be asking many questions and will do my best to offer positive support. Thank you each for making this a grest site.

OK, as nearly exsmoker had CT showing "only" 3mm single nodule. Will not wait recommended 1 yr but repeat in 6 mos (2 mos from now). Until proven otherwise will assume is lc and search Chicago for best hospital & experienced oncologist. Anyone have experience with Northwestern Memorial, Loyola, or U of Chicago?

Anyone here who began their fun journey with very small single nodule? Want to hear from you, espec how dxed--what procedure. Thanks.

Suz

Suz

Love to be the first to welcome another night owl.. at times...when I can't sleep, I come here to catch up and find some peace. Hopefully.

So. Maybe I will see your name on the board another time in the wee hours.

yes. good people. no doubt.

We need each other and so many willing to give of their generous energy and hearts. Count yourself among friends. We will help you.. I just know it .

Hopefully this will show up as something very different. But you are now in the waiting game, which by all accounts is just as nasty as actually having the disease. That is my thinking anyway. Maybe even worse..not "knowing" is so dreadful for many of us. If I know something, then I can get busy and DO something. Which keeps my mind and body

fully occupied. That sitting around is for the birds...know what I mean?

Those indeterminate lung nodules...isn't it weird that one would wish they would get bigger so that you can get started?

Trust your gutts and go the direction they point. They seldom lie.

Peace.

Keep coming back.

Cindi o'h

Welcome Suz,

You have certainly found the right site for support, caring and knowledge. I am sure these last four months have been tough. I agree that not knowing can sometimes be worse, the mind can be a terrible thing.

Hope that the new tests prove that you can just be a visitor here. Enjoy your holidays.

Welcome, you will find comfort here no doubt. Hope your test are not lc that would be great and if it is the nodule sounds really small.

Welcome aboard as a visitor or survivor.

NSCLC 2.5cm nodule right upper lobe

adenocarcinoma

surgery 9-27-04 right upper lobectomy

ex smoker age 43

lc had not traveled to lymph system

no futher treatment

Suz,Welcome to our support family.You will find lots of people who know and care alot on here.I was diagnosed at a later stage but want you to know that on a up side if yours should turn out to be cancer you have a very good chance of winning this fight.No matter what comes along someone here has usually been there and done it = good advise and answers to your questions.

Welcome Suz,

I hope you won't be needing this group for yourself , but if you do I hope you know that you couldn't be in a better place. My husbands case was different. I can't help you with your case , but I can say you sound like you are on the right track. I agree with you to not wait for one year to get the next scan. If it is cancer, some kinds grow very slowly , but some are more aggressive and grow much quicker. The earlier a diagnosis can be made the better. Hopefully, someone can come along that is more knowledgeable than I am and can give you good advice. Take care of yourself and if you need anything just ask. There's always someone here more than happy to help you.

God Bless

sue

Hi Suz and a great big WELCOME to you!!

I sure hope all your tests come out negative for lc, but if they don't we are here to help you in any way possible. This is a great group - actually THE BEST! We have a lot of fun together and shed some tears together and have become one big close family.

I can't answer your question because my husband had more advanced cancer at diagnosis, but even with that, he is doing really well.

Once again, WELCOME and I'm glad you found us!

God bless you,

Peggy

Suz,

Welcome. I hope this is a site you really don't need but if it turns out otherwise, we are always here for support and some answers. I am not a doctor...far from it...but if it was me, I would want a PET scan NOW. The longer you wait the more apt it is to find other homes. My intial dx was one small tumor, but my doc did not take the radiologist suggestion and wait. He ordered a CT right away. Then biopsy. After that I had a PET and it showed a small tumor in my lung but also a small area in the middle of my chest that lit up. I had surgery right away. All cases are different and all cancers grow at different rates..but all of them have better survival rates if caught early. I don't want to scare you because I know you are already scared, but sometimes we have to take things into our own hands and act. I hope all of your tests are negative and wish you only the best.

Nina

Suz,

My sister was in her early 40's and got a immue disease. Long story short, she had to had her Spleen removed at the Univ. of PA in Phila., she was extrememly ill. With CT they found lesions all over her lungs. It's been four yrs. They are still there and she is fine. She has them checked every six months. You wonder if they would be there anyway, even w/o the testing? She's had every test known to man and she's fine. Good luck to you.