Mom had lung removed to start Alimta soon, need info please.

Guest meliann77

Guest meliann77

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this site and am very pleased to have found it. My mother (55 yrs old) was diagnosed with Stage III lung cancer last summer and last December they removed her left lung. Since then she has undergone chemo and radiation and it has caused many more problems that she wasn't able to get over. This past week we found out that her cancer has returned and has spread to her lymph nodes and her left plural wall (not sure if there is more than that). The doctors told her that the only strong option right now is Alimita, which she will start on Tuesday. If her body can't take it then they will put her on a pill form of chemo. She is very worried about Alimita and I was wondering if 1) anyone has undergone it and what are their thoughts and 2) if anyone has been in or is in a similiar situation (lung removal and cancer has come back). Thank you for your time. Much love...Melissa

Melissa,

Charlie just started Alimta this week. He has been fatigued, but otherwise has done well. He was able to carve the turkey today and help quite a bit with things. The dr. says it has been well tolerated by everyone they have treated so far. Hope this helps. Keep the faith!! Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Melissa!!

Welcome to our group of people that really don't want to be here, but can give you wonderful insight, strength, encouragement, and a will to fight, fight, fight, and keep on fighting this desease!!!! I'm no help to you as far as the Chemo goes (I haven't started mine yet), but am here to cheer you on and let you know that I will, along with many others on this board, pray for your mother daily that she can handle the chemo and it will be a cure for her!! You and your family members will also be in our prayers as it is so difficult to see someone you love dearly going through the treatments and surgerys.

I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays with your mother and rest of your family!!

Hugs and Prayers,

Guest meliann77

Hi everyone, thank you very much for your words of encouragement and advice. I have relayed the info to my mom. She starts chemo on Tuesday so we will see how it works out...Thank you again...

Much love, Melissa