Not as Sad News

Don Wood

The Lord is good. Thanks so much, all of you, for your continued love and support of us. Lucie had the brain MRI yesterday and we picked up the scans and report today. There is a 2.5cm tumor, but it is not a brain met! It is a bone met in the skull right where there was an original bone met of the skull two years ago that disappeared with treatment. This tumor is actually moving toward the brain, so it definitely needs treatment. We will go to the radiation oncologist Monday morning to map out the plan. Thanks again for all your positive thoughts, prayers and love. We will keep you posted. Don

What a blessing that the tumors that were previously seen are gone!!

Now to tackle the new issue and you and Lucie have beaten this very same tumor before and will do it again!! There's enough love and prayers out there to carry you two as far as you need to go!! Were're all in this with you, thinking of you and praying for you daily. Keep the faith and laughter on going in your hearts and we'll all survive this beast toghter!

Hugs and Prayers,

Don and Lucie,

I am so hoping that this is the good news we want to hear. I feel so proud to be among all of you people above me in this thread. You all make me so proud to be among the most courageous, positive, loving people I have ever known. We all love Lucie and our hearts and our love go out to you both Don Wood for progress in kicking this one again. We do whatever it takes. Go Lucie, Go.

love, Cindi o'h

Yipee...it's a bone met! That doesn't sound like something to be relieved about does it? It's all about perspective!

My prayers will continue to go out to the both of you to get thru the road ahead. I just know that Lucie is lucky to have you stand beside her thru this battle!

Love and prayers,

Don,

I never thought it would be good news to have a bone met to the skull. Since it was there before and you beat the stew out of it then...you can do it again I am sure. My prayers are with both of you as you start yet another journey down this very bumpy road. Take care of each other.

Nina

Don,

This darn disease never let's you sit back and rest, it has to keep us all on our toes all the time. But I am sure I heard a big sigh of relief when it was realized that this is a bone met and not a brain met.

How strange our concept of good news changes. But compared to the alternative, this is very good news and what was once beaten can certainly be beaten again.

Tell Lucie, she is one heck of a woman that is married to a pretty nice guy.

If not exactly the news that was hoped for.....this certainly isn't as bad as it might have been.....eh? With Lucie's spirit and your careful tending, Don....it's just a matter of time till this bone met is sent packing!

With the power of so much positive thought behind the two of you...hopefully Lucie will breeze thru this next phase of things. Give her a big hug from all of us too, will you Don?

Don, thanks for this news! When I first heard, I thought to myself, "If only this would be like when we thought David had 2 brain tumors last summer, and it turned out to be 'only' the met in the bone in his sinus cavity!" Sounds like you got similar news, and I sure know what that feels like! Here's to Lucie's successful fight continuing!

BeckyCW