Dreaded Scan Time

-Cheryl-

Hello all,

Tomorrow I go for tests. I will have a CT and blood work. They will also test my bood to see if my DNA is appropriate for a new vaccine trial called Epimmune. My counts are still down from the last chemo. I hope they're up, because next week is my last chemo! There are not many people left in the trial due to reoccurence. I am praying I am NED, or atleast stable. Please say a prayer for me to God. as I will continue to hold you all in my prayers.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

I have my fingers crossed that you hear NED!!! Test-time is so anxiety inducing - we just found out that Mum has to have another scan on the 17th of December. We had been thinking we could just coast along with the good news we got at the last scan until after Christmas, but we have to go through it all over again in 3 weeks!!

Will be looking for your post in Good News. Hang in there!

Karen

Cheryl,

Keeping everything crossed for good results on your upcoming scans. It is such a stressful time, waiting on those results, but you have had such a positive attitude that I know you will see good results.

I had my first scans since WBR last week, going tomorrow for results, so I know how nervous you are. Will include you in my prayers.

TAnn

Cheryl, you have my prayers, for sure. Prayers for your counts to be up so this last chemo can be over and done with, prayers for your DNA to be perfect for the new vaccine trial, and most of all prayers for NED! Oh, and for a relatively tension-free wait for the test results... I'm thinking of you!

BeckyCW

Thanks Guys,

The day was long! I was scheduled for an 8:50 Am CT, but it was changed without me knowing, to 11:00 Am. So, I took my barrium and went upstairs to get my blood work. The nurse was listening to another patients story and accidently caused my blood to spew like an erruption at Mt. Saint Helen's. The blood was take from a pipeline never used. You can immagine the mess! I went back down stairs and slept in a chair till I was called for my CT. Afterwards, I sat and waited another 1 1\2 hours for the results. I finally got up and asked the manager "why the wait?", and she said a doctor had to read them first. Me, thinking the worst, "oh my God they must be bad!" Thanks for letting me know so I wouldn't have to wait. I went back and got my blood results, counts still low, but on their way back up. I asked my nurse about the Epimmune trial, and she tells me next week they will start enrolling. My blood will be checked to see if I am a candidate. I haven't much faith that I am NED, being as I am "THE ONLY ONE LEFT IN THIS TRIAL!!!" Every one else had to drop out due to reoccurence or health problems. The paclitaxel causes hair loss, yet mine is as thick as ever. I wonder if the chemo is working at all. The nurse assures me I am the only one who responded well to the chemo. We shall see when I do finally get the results. So, I am sorry nothing to report yet. I will learn about them most likely tomorrow, and will let you all know. Thanks for the prayers. You all are so greatly appreciated. TAnn, I am saying prayers for you now, as well as the rest of you too.

Hugs,

Cheryl

Thanks Guys,

The day was long! I was scheduled for an 8:50 Am CT, but it was changed without me knowing, to 11:00 Am. So, I took my barrium and went upstairs to get my blood work. The nurse was listening to another patients story and accidently caused my blood to spew like an erruption at Mt. Saint Helen's. The blood was taken from a pipeline never used. You can immagine the mess! I went back down stairs and slept in a chair till I was called for my CT. Afterwards, I sat and waited another 1 1\2 hours for the results. I finally got up and asked the manager "why the wait?", and she said a doctor had to read them first. Me, thinking the worst, "oh my God they must be bad!" Thanks for letting me know so I wouldn't have to wait. I went back and got my blood results, counts still low, but on their way back up. I asked my nurse about the Epimmune trial, and she tells me next week they will start enrolling. My blood will be checked to see if I am a candidate. I haven't much faith that I am NED, being as I am "THE ONLY ONE LEFT IN THIS TRIAL!!!" Every one else had to drop out due to reoccurence or health problems. The paclitaxel causes hair loss, yet mine is as thick as ever. I wonder if the chemo is working at all. The nurse assures me I am the only one who responded well to the chemo. We shall see when I do finally get the results. So, I am sorry nothing to report yet. I will learn about them most likely tomorrow, and will let you all know. Thanks for the prayers. You all are so greatly appreciated. TAnn, I am saying prayers for you now, as well as the rest of you too.

Hugs,

Cheryl