Help, anyone experience this!

cathy

I was wondering..Does anyone who has had surgery experience pain during damp weather? My dad has been havig a lot of pain near his ribs going to his back..My mom says she has noticed when its damp out he has more pain..I told her I would ask to see if anyone here ever experienced this..Thanks in advance

I continue to have pain in an area of my back where a rib was resected during the first two operations. The ends did not go back together as they should, so a callous formed around the area over time. It's still a bit sore. He should be checked for this, and the pain dealt with appropriately.

Fay A.

I don't know if this is it or not, but I broked a finger and thumb in a skiing accident in my 20s, and I experience pain and discomfort at the healed breaks when it is damp and COLD. (I live in the mountains, lots of snow in the winter)

I haven't wintered through my surgery yet, so I can't tell yet if the ribs will do this. I hope you find a way to relieve this pain!

My GP gave me celbrex for this, but my HMO doesn't cover it and it is way too expensive for me to buy right now. The tons of samples she gave me worked great tho. Back to tylenol for me :(

Guest DaveG

I still have problems with my right upper abdomen, which is due to nerve damage, from what I understand. I do get some pain in my back, alaong the incicion line on occasion, but that seems to have diminished with time. I find mild pain killers seem to take care of any residual pain quite well. I have been on oxycodone and oxycontin during chemo, and, of course, those drugs help control the pain quite well.

Hi Cathy,

Add my name to the" me too on this one"; Just got a 6 month scrip from my doc. for Vioxx to help control the pain. It's actually worse this year than last year, 2 years since my pneumonectomy, Yea, I am a year older too, but still only 52, Anyway, I was taking 4 to 6 Advil a day for it and the doc gave me the Vioxx, and it works great, just take one a day, :lol::lol:

Check this out, I'm on vac., today I stained a deck for 3 hours and then went out and played 18 holes of golf, :shock::shock: no pain!! even shot an 80 today!! real rare. ( easy course though )

:lol: Anyway good luck and let us know how you make out

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC stageIIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"