I Can't Do it Without You

Elaine

Maybe I can face my tests later this AM, but I don't want to without you guys.

I know it seems unfathomable that SEVEN weeks ago I set out to get tests that would stage me, and I am only NOW getting the tests I need.

In reality, I set out to do this in August, and it has been a battle ever since--. I should have lied back then about my pain.

Even in my own mind I can't understand what has happened--mainly because the HMO says one thing and the clinic says another--each pointing fingers. Add to that my former PCP and onc and now my new PCP.

I am getting the scans, though I feel abused by the whole process--and I no longer have a PCP because the clinic won't assign me a new one and the one I have ironically feels mistreated by me. I hope she is never sick and finds out what it really means to be "MIS-treated."

So not only am I scared of the tests and results, I would have liked to think that I would have a caring Dr to lead me to the next steps.

So I am asking not only for prayers for decent results, but also that a medical "angel" steps into this nightmare and offers me not only hope but an ounce of compassion.

Hi Elaine!!

I have been hoping you would post and let us know where you were at. I am so sorry that you have been treated so badly by the medical people involved with your case - a good doctor is worth his weight in gold, and I sincerely hope that one comes along for you real soon!!

I am sending as many positive thoughts as I can muster (and that's alot!!) that your tests go OK today, and that the results are better than you might be expecting.

I wish there was something I could do to make your load a bit easier to bear, but please know that my thoughts are with you.

Love

Karen

Hi Elaine

Good to hear from you. I hope all goes well with your tests today. I wonder though, since you have no pcp who exactly will you get these results from, and who will guide you to the next step? It seems that there should be someone/something that would be able to help you, i do not understand how we can have insurance/healthcare in our country like this. I know you are always on top of things and do all you know to do. If this angers me i cannot imagine how you feel. I am so sorry you are going thru this nightmare, I wish I could do something.

Please know you are in my thoughts today as you go thru your tests.

Kim

Always wishing the best for you, Elaine, always. Wish I had a doctor for you in my back pocket - wanna move to the land of ice and snow? :wink: (I know, "logistics"...)

Breathe, square your shoulders, and back into the fray...

Who knows what tomorrow brings, waking up on this side of the grass is a good way to begin...

xxoo,

Becky

Kim

I began a long letter to my Drs last night. The anger wore me out finally, so I could sleep a bit. I have no idea who I will get my results from and that hurts me and scares me and just plain makes it hard for me to breathe. It seems immoral to me. All I did is try to find out some answers but I guess that means I wasn't compliant enough and must have embarrassed some people in the process. When the med director informed of this the day before Thanksgiving, I felt like someone had slapped me. And the way she did it, I could tell it was meant to be a slap.

Thank you all, you don't know how badly I need you and your prayers.

Plsease add my family to those prayers. They are so good and they need me to be strong.

elaine

Ditto Cindi's last post. It's amazing how we get so wrapped up in, and all-consumed with, the lives of people we've never even met. I've been thinking all day about Elaine, Angie and Beth since they are all in the middle of difficult times.

Elaine, as soon as you feel up to it, please let us know if the testing went ok today.

Love,

Peggy

I am home. The tests went smoothly but I have no idea when I will get any results or who I will get them from. The tech did say that if something really bad was seen, I would be called today. They did spiral CT of chest and abdomen--and then afterward, they came back and said they needed to do adrenals so I went back in.

We went to lunch and then Christmas shopping. Home now and no message on the machine.

I thought I would be getting a PET and bone scan, but I guess I should feel lucky I got anything.

elaine

Elaine,

You are in my prayers daily. I hope your angel shows up soon and that your news is good. You medical perdicament is a real bear. It seems like someone from your insurance company show step up and get things in order for you. You deserve the best and I pray you will get it.

Nina

Elaine,

I missed this, and I apologize. Not sure how this happened, only know that this kind of thing is happening a lot lately.

I am truly sorry you have been put through this. I can and do empathize. No one who should have to deal with this type of thing, and especially not someone who is ill. I hope things get better. Soon.