A Christmas Letter

hersheydaley

Hi to all,

I browse this site often, but have not posted in awhile. I was so glad to see Deancarl have a post on the site. He reminds me so much of my dad who I lost in June of 2003 to lung cancer. The way he talks about birds and nature sounds just like my dad.

Anyway We (my brother and sister and I) received this letter from the VA home where my father was before he passed away. We got this letter right around Christmas time last year.

Here it is.

I still hear the songs

I still see the lights

I still feel your love

On cold wintry nights

I can still share your hopes

And all of your cares

I'll even remind you

To please say all your prayers

I just want to tell you

You still make me proud

You stand head and shoulders

Above all the crowd

Keep trying each movement

To stay in His grace

I came here before you

To help set your pace

You don't have to be

Perfect all the time

He forgives you the slip

If you continue the climb

To my family and friends

Please be thankful today

I'm still close beside you

In a new special way

I love you all dearly

Now don't shed a tear

Cause I'm spending my

Christmas with Jesus this year

I don't know if this has ever been posted but I thought I would share it with all of you. It is so hard when you lose someone you love and it just seems especially harder when the holidays come around.My dad is the first person that I have lost we are such a close family spending most weekends together and he was always there helping us with odd jobs around the house. They say time heals all wounds but they never said how long it will take. I don't think I will ever heal from this cause I just miss him so much.

Thanks for listening,

Donna

Donna,

You wrote "They say time heals all wounds but they never said how long it will take". I don't think time will ever heal the wounds we suffer when we lose someone we love but I do think time eases the pain of the loss.

I heard this story for the first time when my neighbor passed away two years ago. I loved it then and I still love it now. It brings some peace to my soul.

Thank you for sharing this at this time.

Shirleyb