diagnosed sclc limited stage yesterday

wanda k

Will start treatment Wednesday, 2 masses in right lung and enlarged lymphnode on trichea.

Radition daily for 6 weeks to lung, then three weeks to brain for preventive measures, chemo 3 daysthis week then off 3 weeks?

This all started feeling like a pulled muscle in my shoulder around the end of august, found disease nov. 24th and staged it yesterday.

Trying to keep a positive attitude, sometimes the tears just come.

My husband is trying to be very supportive, but I can see the worry and he just doesn't know what to say.

Hi Wanda,

Welcome, sorry you had to find us, but you have found the most caring, supportive people anywhere right here. There are alot of us sclc's here and a wealth of information. Just finished treatment myself so if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. We can get through this together.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Wanda, Welcome to our support family.As mentioned above there are many knowing and caring people here.The beginning of all this is probably the scariest time of all.Todays modern medicines and treatment options make it possible to SURVIVE CANCER.Good luck with your treatments and keep us posted.

Hi Wanda. This is scary as can be, for sure.

There are several of us here with SCLC, and we'll gladly share our experiences with you if it will help. I'm just starting the preventive brain radiation (PCI) myself, and there are a few here who have just completed it, and some who are going through it now like me.

We've "been there, done that," so don't ever hesitate to just say what you think and feel, and ask all the questions you want.

Sorry you need a forum like this, but if you need one, this is the best there is.

Di

I can definitely associate with your husband as I was there, too. There will be times when you have to help him along as much as he helps you along. Some of the happiest times in my life, and some of the best times in our marriage, came while we were battling this disease. Some of the worst, too, of course. But you are a team and you will get through this as a team. Good luck and God bless.

Curtis

Hi Wanda and WELCOME!

Ry is correct, this is a very scary time, but I'm glad you found us early on. It's scary for all of us, but we've found it's a LOT easier to get through it if we have each other to share our fears, good news, bad news and laughter.

We have many long-term survivors here and I hope you will grow to love them, trust them and rely on them as I have.

God bless you,

Peggy

Hang in there Wanda. It is sad that you have the need to be here but rest assured that you are with friends. You don't have to travel this road alone. Any questions you may have, you will find someone here that has traveled the road before you. Post often so we can better help you. Again Welcome.

Wanda,

I was diagnosed with limited sclc in april of 2002, went thru the chemo and radiation thru June, 2002. Today, i am feeling well. There is hope even though now you may not feel that way, once you get started on the treatment your outlook may become much more optimistic. Please post under SCLC if you need ?s answered from any of us. Also Ask the Experts is a very good forum. Keep you chin up!

Joanie

Wanda, so sorry you are here but there is no better place for you to be right now. There are lots of caring individuals here who are all going though or have gone though what you are experiencing right now. This will be a roller coaster ride for you and your husband. Just remember we are all here for you both. I am in the middle of my 2nd round so I do not post as much as I used to but if you want to PM me I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Hang in there and keep thinking positively, You can beat this, heck, I beat it once and am in the middle of beating back the beast again.

David C

Hello Wanda and welcome. This is the place to be if you are looking for support, compassion, care and encouragement. Although I am sorry you have to be here at all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Christine

Hi, Wanda, and welcome to this website. Lots of support and info here. Hang onto the hope. There are many survivors here. Your hubby is suffering, too, because he is supposed to protect and take care of you, and he knows not what to do or say. Be patient with him. It is very hard to be a primary caregiver of a cancer patient. My best to you both. Let us know how we may help you two. Don

Hi Wanda.

Just want to join in with my comrades in giving you a BIG BIG welcome. Scary??? Oh yeah! I remember....

We have all been exactly where you are right now. Imagine that!

Remember. Lung cancer IS survivable. You can do this...we can help.

Keep coming back, we will walk you through it. It is better to go down a path where someone knows the way. Together we can help you down that path. Okay?

Love Cindi o'h

Together WE heal.

Hi Wanda,

We all know the feelings. Have to look at the positive. The pain in the

shoulder was a good thing, it made you go to the Dr.'s. My girlfriend had

the same symptom. Some people don't have any symptoms. Hang in

there girl. Will keep you in my prayers.

Welcome, Wanda. You'll find this is a good place to be for the bad spot in your life...

AND, for what it's worth, you have my permission to cry. Get it out, get it over with, and get on with the war... Ya gotta let out the steam or you're going to burst. It is HUGE news, enough to knock you to your knees. Take some deep breaths (in through the nose, out through the mouth, fill the lungs totally and let it all out) and go with the emotion you feel - if you feel like crying, CRY! (I do not, however, recommend homicide if you feel like murderizing someone after an introspection...)

Stick around, ask questions, process information...jump in any time.

Take care,

Becky