Wait and see...

TAnn

My doc called today to say that the neurology department reviewed my scans and have decided that the "numerous" lesions are just too small to do anything with right now. For some reason I couldn't pin him down to an exact number of tumors, originally we were told 6 brain mets. The stereotactic team says since there are so many and they are so small they would have no way to target any specific one unless there was evidence of one causing a problem or new symptom.

So for now, I will repeat my brain MRI first week of January and we will see if anything has changed. Honestly, I'm glad to not have any procedures done over the holidays. I'm just going to relax and not think about it for a while......

TAnn

TAnn, I think a Christmas break is a good idea.I remember last year when I was doing cheno & rad. at this time & they told me There were a dozen tumors or masses in my stomach & intestines area.As sick as I was from the treatments I was getting I just about sh!t a brick.A bunch more scans and all of a sudden they were gone.Still can't figure that one out.

Hopefully your lesions that are so small won't be there the next time.It seems like too much to wish for but stranger things have happened.( I'm proof of that & still don't know how or why. )

Wishing you a wonderful holiday break & better times to come.

Amazing story, Frank!! And TAnn...I'm gonna hope the same thing happens with you!

Meanwhile, it sounds like a smart plan to just take a break over the holidays and indulge and enjoy yourself as much as possible! Put any worries aside till you get another MRI and see where things stand. It the mets aren't causing any symptoms...then enjoy that fact too and figure it's a sign that you're supposed to do what you plan on doing!

Wishing you lovely holidays...with much relaxing, many laughs and smiles and NO worries to goof things up! :wink:

Tann

While you are busy doing Christmas things, I hope the WBR elves are busy at work getting rid of the little brain monsters... I hear large doses of Christas Carols, holiday shopping, and being with family are each good medicine, too.

I know how relieved you must be to not have to do any treatment right now, so leave the worries to Santa and the work to the elves.

And dont ever forget how AMAZING you are.

love and fortitude

elaine

TAnn,

Goes without saying...I'll be praying and hoping for better results on your January MRI. As always, you're on my mind and I'll be sending good wishes your way for a peaceful and restful holiday.

Love and prayers,

TAnn,

Count me in as one of the folks who continues to hold you dear to my heart.

I really was encouraged by oncodoc's response. That was a very generous comment. I hope that in your case, as with Frank's that they will just all up and disappear and head South way South for the winter and beyond! Find out what it is about Frank that is so strange will ya? And rub a little of that on yourself!

(Elaine? are you listening?)

Have a joyful Christmas...you earned it!

Cindi o'h