Calling on my angels

marta

Hi Everyone,

My family is in need of some prayers from all you angels out there!!

Mom has had three rounds of chemo so far...and had CT scans of chest and abdomen today.

I'm pretty nervous about the results as she is super hopeful that the cancer will be either reduced or gone...I am desperate for some good news...it would do a lot to keep her going...

Anyway..I'm not sure when we will know the results..but I will let everyone know when we hear!!

Also...is it bad that they couldn't find a vein to put the contrast in? They just did the scan without it? Anyone have any experiences with this before?

Thanks

Laura

PRAYERS ARE GOING STRONG RIGHT NOW. WE ALL NEED GOOD NEW NOW AND THEN. IT GIVES US A HIGH FOR THE DAY.

I AM THE CAREGIVER AND WHENEVER I GIVE BLOOD OR HAVE TO TAKE A SHOT IN THE VEIN THEY HAVE TROUBLE FINDING MINE SO IT MAY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CANCER.

GOD BLESS

Laura,

My husband's veins are full of scar tissue and it is VERY difficult to find one. The IV nurse at Fox Chase told me to only let a tech look for his veins 2 times and then demand that they get an IV nurse. Just a suggestion.

I will say a prayer that your mother's scan results are positive.

Prayers have been said.

The veins get so bad after chemo. Most people have a port put in but I know you should not use it for the dye for a CT. I would check on not using the dye. I don't know about that. They have to use the vein in the elbow now. OUCH :cry: BUT at least it still works. :D:D

Marta,

Sometimes veins can be hard to find in some people. The veins are deep or are sometimes very small, my right arm i won't let them even try to draw blood, always the left arm. As far as contrast dye, i'm not sure. I hope things improve for you. Please keep a positive attitude and know we're here for you.

Joanie

Hello Laura,

I'll be praying real hard for your mom too, Hoping and praying the chemo does it's thing and she feels better.

God bless and hang in there, the waiting can be real hard,

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Prayer for a spic and span clean scan!!! As far as the vein trouble goes, some people have veins that are incredibly hard to find and it is not related to cancer, just the bodies make up. My fourteen year old son has veins that are just NOT VISABLE and everytime he has to have any blood work done it is a MAJOR ordeal.... One tech suggested that if you drink lots of fluid before a blood test, it helps to keep the body "super hydrated" and sometimes makes the veins easier to find. Let us know when you hear your good news.... love, Sharon