I am new here! Site name is "Mouse!"

Mouse

Hello! I have been reading this board for a while and decided it was time to join and stop spying. You sound like a great group of supportive people. Wish I didn't need support!

I was Dx with SCLC early in August, 04, 2 weeks before my 70th birthday. The cancer was extensive. As of today, I have had 5 cycles of Carboplatin and Etoposide. Next week is my sixth and final cycle. CT and PET after 3rd cycle showed an excellent response. Recent brain MRI was negative!

I am scared! What is next? I am sure no one knows! It is so good to be able to read here and see that are others with the same disease and some who are hanging in for a long time! I will post again soon! Marge

Welcome, Marge! If you weren't scared, we'd REALLY be worried about you.

Treatment is not a fun time, but the time in between seems to be scarier, that time when we are doing nothing but watching...and wondering. Time to get to living!

Being diagnosed with cancer lets loose many monsters under the bed. Life is good, but the monsters do come out every now and then. Trick is realizing it's the monsters and shining the light on them to make them slink back under the bed.

Try to ease your mind. Breathe deeply, in through your nose and out through your mouth...BIG breaths, all the way in, all the way out. Continue until you feel the tension easing and that band that encircles your heart loosening.

Welcome to the family! The journey sucks, but the companions are great!

Becky

Marge~

I am glad you quit spying and joined us. I know it'scary..like the Beck said take it easy, remember to breathe. We have others here going through the same thing, they can help you with the "what next". Wishing you continued success...

Rochelle

Hi Marge and WELCOME!

My husband was diagnosed on August 7, 3 days after his birthday on August 4. I remember the doctor coming in and saying, "Well, this hasn't been a very happy birthday week, has it?"

Your fear is normal. Actually, we are ALL scared, but you know, there is just something really wonderful about having this great support group that is always there when you need them the most. It's so helpful to be able to type out your fears, and your joys, and have so many people care.

I can't offer you anything on the SCLC since my husband has NSCLC, but there are many people here who can. If you haven't already done so, you should visit the SCLC forum where you will find lots of information from other SCLC survivors.

Once again, WELCOME!

God bless you,

Peggy

Hi Marge,

Just want to join in with the rest of the gang in wishing you a very warm welcome. You will undoubtedly be able to glean effective ways of dealing with the issues that come with your diagnosis and treatment. We are the best group of supportive people that I have ever met. Glad that you are joining us!

Do keep us posted on how you are doing and any questions, don't hesitate to ask...someone ususually will come up with a bit of wisdom (or wit) for you.

Cindi o'h

together WE heal.