Mom is gone

ahhappy

My mom died this past Tuesday evening. What a whirlwind week this has been. Here is the obituary. I still feel overwhelmed by the details. She has left me with such a huge hole. Life will never be the same.

Yach VISITATION TODAY Margaret C. Yach Loving Wife, Mother, Grandma, Sister, Friend Age 58, of Shoreview passed away on December 7, 2004 peacefully at home surrounded by family and friends after a fulfilling life and a six- year courageous journey with cancer. Preceded in death by parents Francis and Margaret (Jaeger) Conley. Survived by husband of 35 years, Robert; daughter, Amy (Gregory) Hokanson; sons, Brian and Joe (Julia); grandchildren, Gary, Anthony, Claire and Jeremy Hokanson, Tyler Yach; sister, Mary (Bill) Schatzlein; brothers, Patrick (Patricia), Tom (Donna), Mike (Judy) and Bill (Debra) Conley; mother-in-law, Doris Yach; many nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends. Margaret will be remembered for her wonderful sense of humor, her devotion to family and her great determination. Visitation Thursday (TODAY) 5-8 PM at HOLCOMB-HENRY-BOOM, 515 Hwy 96 at Mackubin, Shoreview. Mass of Christian Burial Friday 10:30 AM at ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST CATHOLIC CHURCH, 380 E. Little Canada Rd, Little Canada with visitation beginning at 9:30 AM until time of Mass. Interment Resurrection Cemetery. Memorials preferred to American Cancer Society in lieu of flowers. 651-482-7606

Published in the Star Tribune on 12/9/2004.

Very sorry to hear about your mother. She is about my age. I know how bad it was when I lost my own Mom to cancer. She must have done something right to survive Stage IV for six years. Did she have surgery or treatments? I will keep your Mom and your family in my prayers. Its rough around the holidays to have such a sad loss, I know. Hugs and prayers!

Sharon