My heart is broken

TAnn

Today I had to put my 15 year old lhasa apso, Caesar, to sleep. He had cancer too and really started to get bad in the last couple of days. I knew this day was coming, but my heart is broken. I am so sad. I held his face as they gave him the shot so that I would be the last person he saw. He was such a good dog. We got him when my son was 4 years old, he just turned 19!

Taking one day at a time now, seems like the only news I get is bad lately. Hoping for a turn of luck soon.....

Thanks for listening. :cry::cry::cry:

TAnn

I'm so sorry, Teri. I know where you are, I spent my last Christmas there...still visit real often, too. :cry:

I hope the band around your heart eases enough for you to breathe soon...and you can begin to heal. Funny, they never say a word and can worm their way right into our hearts...

I'm sorry.

Becky

Oh, TAnn....I'm so sorry. Boy....there are some hard things to have to contend with in life...some hard losses. And I know animals are animals and not people...but the unconditional love and sheer joy so many of us get from our pets is so special, that to lose a pet can be as hard a loss as any other. :(

Wow...15 years is a good long life. Godspeed to Caesar....and I hope, once your heart is healed a little from this loss...that maybe you'll consider another little companion. Adopt from a shelter...and you may be saving a life, too!

Again....I'm so sorry. I know how hard this is. I have the cremains of four of my furry buddies in my closet. Someday, when I go...they'll go at the foot of my coffin.

TAnn: I know exactly how you feel. July a year ago, we had to put Perdita to sleep for she had cancer in her right front leg. We discussed amputation but her right rear hip had been fractured from being hit by a car and she also had arthritis and we and the vet thought that her rear leg would not be strong enough. She was a Black Lab mixed with Dalmatian. Her chest was white and had black dots down her front. I didn't know it at the time, but I also had cancer and found out about mine 3 months later. I miss her terribly as I know you do yours but I think you and I did the right thing. Sometimes we have to do things that are very hard to do but they seem to understand everything else so I know they are grateful for no more suffering. Sometimes, it does seem to pile up, doesn't it. Marion

TAnn,

I am so sorry to hear this. We have had to do this three times over the years, and lost one to getting hit by a car. I was a basket case each time. I, too, stayed with Shelby, the last dog we had put to sleep. We had her for 15 years and it was a terribly sad time around here. It took our son a VERY long time to get over it. Our vet even sent us a sympathy card. It made me cry all over again.

Hang in there, TAnn. Good news is coming your way soon!

Love,

Peggy

TAnn,So sorry to hear about your Ceasar.They are such an important part of our lives.My best pal Bogie (as in 1 over par) is getting up there in years and I know that if I outlive him I will have a really hard time of it when he goes to dog heaven with Ceasar.You sure are deserving of some good news and good things for a change,I hope they come your way very,very soon.Hang in there.

TAnn,

I'm so very sorry that you lost your dear little boy Ceaser. It is hearbreaking, I know. They are innocent, little, loving creatures and they capture our hearts and souls with their love and loyalty. I lost my little boy (my bunny cat I called him), Lincoln. He died exactly six months to the day that my father died, right here in front of me in the den. It was heartwrenching to watch. I will keep you in my prayers, I know how hard it is.

I am so very sorry to hear about your Caesar. I have a 12 1/2 year old dog with degenerative liver disease and I know I will have to make that decision too but she is also my best friend. It's not easy; that I know. So sorry you have to go through this along with everything else.

Gail

T Ann,

Boy that is a hard one ya know? I have a 10 3/4 year old shihtzu and she is the love of my life. I want her with me forever. Since I know that can't be,(one of us will die first), I want her burried in my coffin like was mentioned earlier. I have already instructed my family. If she goes first I will have her cremated and if I am the one, then when she goes, they will just have to bury her at my feet.

I can feel your pain. Now, lets get some good news for a change ok? You deserve some good news right away. I wish you happy holidays in spite of your loss. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

I still see my gray cat out of the corner of my eye, and it's been 4 weeks since he's been gone. He had a good life, and is having lots of fun in doggie heaven, which, by the way, is right next door to cat heaven.

gail

PS I had a gray cat ornament painted to hang on my tree.

Teri

I'm so sorry!!! :cry: I had to have our Yorkie put to sleep about five years ago. She was also 15 years old and also had cancer. I still miss that little stinker. It's hard to make that decision, huh? I hope your luck turns around soon. I know how it feels to be getting only bad news these days.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

TAnn,

I'm so sorry for your pain, but I think it is amazing that you had the strength to do what you had to do. We had to have our 14 year old Collie put to sleep during the summer and I felt terrible that I was too weak to go with Bill. He said it was one of the hardest tasks he has ever had to carry out. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that your days start to get brighter very soon!

Love and prayers,

Hi TAnn,

So sorry about losing your little Ceasar. The pets become so much a part of us and our thoughts of their care go to them throughout the day. They have been my kids. They have been a precious gift to me. As I am sure Caesar was to you. Sorry you have to go through this loss at this time.

Wishing you healing thoughts and continue to pray that your health takes a turn for the better.

Always,

Cindi o'h