Daddy is home....

sharyn

To all my dear friends,

Daddy left this world to go home at 7:15 this evening. I was on my way to the hospital and got there 15 min. too late... but I knew the moment he passed. The feeling I had was awesome and when I arrived at the hospital, I said... He died at 7:15 didn't he? And they said Yes he did. I wish I could tell you I am sad, but at this moment I am so happy for Daddy I can't explain the peace I feel. I had to get to the computer to write to you and tell you all about what happened... Daddy and I were very close (as you all knew), I made him promise he would send me a sign as soon as he got to heaven so I knew he was alright... He said he promised he would, he said if I do nothing else, I will do that... Well...

on my way home from the hospital, my cell phone rang... I tried to answer it, but couldn't get the connection... I wondered who had tried to call so my husband said "Look in the missed calls log"... I hit the button and it said" Missed it: DAD..... I could only smile... I got my sign... God Bless Him, he is in a better place. I am so fortunate.... Love you all, Sharon (Daddy's little girl)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharyn,

My heart and my sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I am gladdened to hear that you are at peace with your Dad's passing. That is so very important. Your sign from you father is AMAZING. Simply amazing. I too told my Dad to send me a sign, we agreed what it would be, and he did send it. A few times. I am in awe over the sign you received and am so very happy he was able to connect with you. Love never dies. I will hold you in my thoughts in these difficult days ahead.

Sharyn...

You and your dad were so fortunate in the special relationship you had. I'm so sorry for his physical loss...but what an amazing thing that you got your sign from him and that you are already feeling peaceful about his passing.

I know all your good and happy memories of him will be of great comfort. Know I'm thinking of you and your mom, wishing you peace.

Sharyn -

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. How courageous you have been and continue to be. May God grant you and your mother comfort and peace during the next difficult days and months. After my father died when I was 37, I came to realize that you never to old to be Daddy's little girl. In my journal, I wrote that it was the best job that I ever had. Even after all these years, I miss him dearly but I carry him in my heart and so does my son who has never met him. He only knows him through me. Life and love are simply amazing.

Maureen

Sharyn,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad passing. I send you my prayers and wishes for strength...but it sounds like your Dad already did that for me. I am glad he is at peace after all he and you have been through. My dad died in l978. I still miss him terribly but have very fond memories that keep him alive in my heart. I am sure it will be the same for you.

Nina

Sharon, I'm so very sorry for your loss, and so happy for your sense of peace and even happiness at his having gone home to relax. I know the days ahead will be hard, and will keep you in my prayers. It sounds like you and your dad shared a very special love, and that never dies.

BeckyCW

Sharyn,

I am sorry that your Dad is gone from this earth. I have a feeling that your bond with your Dad and my bond with mine are about the same. I had a certain peace about his death, because he had a peace about accepting death as a part of life. He helped me by our little discussions over the years. I wish you healing from your loss to be filled only with comfort and the love he left in your heart. What a beautiful relationship.

With love,

Cindi o'h

Dear Sharon,

I am so sad. When I saw the post topic I was hoping that your Daddy had improved and had been sent home.

You know how I feel Sweetie. What a wonderful Father - taking care of you always. The cell phone just proves that he will always be there for you.

How is your Mother?

Sharon, try and be joyous for the wonderful relationship you had with your Father, many people have never had that privilege.

Take care of yourself. I am thinking about you.

Love,

Sharyn,

I am so sorry to hear that your dad has had to leave this world but I know what you mean about feeling a certain peace too. You have spoken about how close you are with your dad and that certainly proved true in the experiences that you have had since his passing. May they always be a comfort to you. My heart goes out to you and and your mom and family. You are all in my prayers. I wonder if your dad and mine will get a chance to chat. It is a nice thought.

With all my love and prayers,