Round 3

betplace

Betty,

I saw this yesterday, and I just stopped cold...I kept asking my feet for a little happy dance, something. But they just kind of stood there, barely holding me up...

I bet yours were and maybe are a little reluctant, too. But, I know that you will dance, more happy dances. I will too, in spite of myself.

You are so, so dear and so, so strong. It kinda sucks, being thought of as tough, but it's kind of invigorating, too.

I am rambling, I know. But you are ALWAYS in my prayers.

love and fortitude

elaine

Thanks for all the encouraging words my friends! I hosted a small pity party for myself, I got out some good tunes and put them on the stereo, I bought a big bar of european chocolate with hazelnuts and yea I bought a pack of ciggarettes :shock: I listened to 4 hours of Simon and Garfunkle, ate chocolate and smoked half of the pack and cryed my eyes out. When the albums were done, I threw out the chocolate wrpper and the tissues, emptied the ashtray, took the rest of the pack across the street to a neighbor who smoked that brand and hitched up my jeans ready to resume the fight anew! You are all so wonderful and your words of encouragement give me renewed strength and hope.

And no I am not going back to smoking, I just needed to do that as weird as it sounds. They tasted horrible and the smell is awful, I just might actually become one of those vigilante anti-smokers. Naaahhh! LOL!

Betty, since I am new here and to SCLC, I can't say I know how you feel! I can only imagine how sad and disappointed you must be after feeling it was over! So sorry it has returned and you must fight it again! It sounds like you and your doctor are fighters. A good team like that can't help but win! Keeping you in my prayers! Marge :(

Dear Betty,

Words just dont work in this situation. I am sorry to hear this.

Since my life has now shifted to Camptosar/CPT-11, I am learning much about this drug. It is considerd a primo chemo for extensive, recurrance and preventing recurrance in many circles. Much easier on the system than the Cis, but still a chemo drug. I have also read that it may become a first line of treatment. Also read sometimes combined w/ the Cis.

Please inquire.

Big hugs,

Jen

Oh Betty,

I sure do hate to hear your news. I don't blame you for the pity party and I understand the need to smoke...if nothing else to know that you can still handle them and put them away. You are in my prayers always and I think of you often. When the hurricanes went through your attitude was always positive and your strength and courage are something I admire about you all the time. This is another fight. I think you can beat it back. Keep it at bay. Its a crappy way to start the holidays but now that you know, you can do something about it. I love the fight in you. I consider you my friend.

Nina

Oh Betty,

I sure do hate to hear your news. I don't blame you for the pity party and I understand the need to smoke...if nothing else to know that you can still handle them and put them away. You are in my prayers always and I think of you often. When the hurricanes went through your attitude was always positive and your strength and courage are something I admire about you all the time. This is another fight. I think you can beat it back. Keep it at bay. Its a crappy way to start the holidays but now that you know, you can do something about it. I love the fight in you. I consider you my friend.

Nina

Hi Betty.

That is not the news anyone wants to hear. You are a good girl to come where you are going to find understanding and support, though. Lord, knows you have given your share...

Wish I coulda been there for your party... It wouldn't have stayed in the pity mode for too awfully long.

Go whoop it up big. And then get ready for round two. You can do it. WE will be here for you the whole way.

I had a last howl before my treatment started...mmmmargaritas and acting goofy! I knew that it would be awhile until I had another one so I think I may have had as many as two, or three???

Of course, more Glory Be's. If you want I can forward some good jokes that I get... PM me with your address... good belly laughs cure cancer.

All my best, Betty.

Cindi o'h

Betty, I've been off the computer for most of the past week, and was so very sorry to learn about this today. I just can't believe it. BUT you've kicked cancer butt before, and I expect you will do it again. Sure hope you can manage to have a nice Christmas in spite of this, and that your biggest gift will be for NED to move back in, in early 2005!

BeckyCW